Sponsored

Removing Front Plate

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry to revive this thread but how do you actually remove the plate holder? Does anyone have a link? I've tried a few searches and nothing comes up. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Sorry to revive this thread but how do you actually remove the plate holder? Does anyone have a link? I've tried a few searches and nothing comes up. Thanks in advance.
There are just two screws behind the plate that screws into the bumper.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
The bumper plugs for CO are like 50 bucks....
I think I'd rather drive around with holes in the front

Last edited:

Sponsored

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think mine must be different. Definitely not just two screws to pull out. Looks like I might have to go on the back side also. I'll try to send pics later. Bumper plugs are like 40 bucks and WAAY worth it vs. having holes IMO.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I cannot understand why dealers screw the plate brackets into new cars. They could keep it in the trunk and check with the new owner at purchase and see if they want it on or not. When I was looking at 15 Mustangs a plate bracket on the front was an automatic NO to buy.
Agreed. Can't believe dealers still do this. Especially to Mustangs.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
meh, just run the front plate where its required. No use giving the police a pretext to pull the car over where none existed before. Well, aside from the 5.0 label on the side of the car. :headbonk:

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
meh, just run the front plate where its required. No use giving the police a pretext to pull the car over where none existed before. Well, aside from the 5.0 label on the side of the car. :headbonk:
I live in SC. no front plates or car inspections :headbang:

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Its funny how people don't understand this simple concept.

Sponsored

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot understand why dealers screw the plate brackets into new cars. They could keep it in the trunk and check with the new owner at purchase and see if they want it on or not. When I was looking at 15 Mustangs a plate bracket on the front was an automatic NO to buy.
I'm surprised dealers do this. I'm in Illinois, which requires a front plate, and I told them when I ordered that I don't want them to drill the bumper. They said they don't unless the buyer specifically asks them to, but they still hand-wrote not to install it on my order. When I received the car, the bracket and hardware was in the trunk. The service department was even kind enough to install my Sto-N-Sho the next day at no charge.

Gdyup50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I'm in Cali, front plate required, dealer didn't put it on, and I've never had a front plate on any car I've owned....

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
Same boat as some others ITT where the dealer brought the car in for me from another state that required a front plate. I was somewhat torn about it and told them up front that I liked everything about the car except for the front plate. I finally got him to take some money off the final price for me to put towards having it fixed by a body shop. We have a good relationship with a guy that will do it for around half of what other shops quote.

I may try these bumper plugs until then, though. I've actually not been too bothered by the front bracket in the 2 wks that I've owned the car. I threw a Ford Racing plate on there to help.
IMG_9929.jpg

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
It would be interesting to know if people running plugs get pulled over more that those that have never had holes drilled in states that require a front plate.

Plugs imply a plate was there and removed and might draw more attention.

Maybe I am wrong on this.
Sponsored