@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on covering the holes from the License plate bracket (dealer installed :frusty:)? I was thinking of doing stripes but I'm not sure if or when I'll be doing that and for now I'd like to remove the plate completely.
20150829_105558.jpg
Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river

shawndean22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I am interested in the samething. the front plates came on from the dealer as i live in NJ, but i didnt want them on there at all. Got hell of a deal though so cant complain. It doesn't take away from the car too much.
I heard of bumperplugs.com, but wondering if anyone has actually tried them, are 35 for a set. they come painted to match your car.

krahooligan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bumper plugs work. I just put the screws that came with the plate back in the holes.

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am interested in the samething. the front plates came on from the dealer as i live in NJ, but i didnt want them on there at all. Got hell of a deal though so cant complain. It doesn't take away from the car too much.
I heard of bumperplugs.com, but wondering if anyone has actually tried them, are 35 for a set. they come painted to match your car.
I know TX requires front plates but I drove my 2008 Mustang without one for almost 8 years without ever getting puller over. I think I'll try bumperplugs and I'll let you know.

Thoriniv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
I would highly recommend bumper plugs, they are made really well and I often forget about them on my car. I can't imagine spot painting and clearing a tiny plastic plug would turn out that well DIY unless you have tons of experience. Either way, in the meantime just put the black body screws back in the holes once you take it out, but watch out while washing it as the wash mitt or sponge will grab and tear on it. Great looking car too!

Fort Worth as well! Hey I'll be at the Texas mustang invasion october 10th @ 10am at Gas monkey live if you want to go to a meet up. Aside from that I try to make the Cowntown cars and coffee as often as I can, you should come out.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot understand why dealers screw the plate brackets into new cars. They could keep it in the trunk and check with the new owner at purchase and see if they want it on or not. When I was looking at 15 Mustangs a plate bracket on the front was an automatic NO to buy.

Last edited:

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
I know TX requires front plates but I drove my 2008 Mustang without one for almost 8 years without ever getting puller over. I think I'll try bumperplugs and I'll let you know.
i would recommend a sto and go for interstate travel, dang state troopers. I've got pulled over once in my gt for it, out of town trooper. Had two on my trip yesterday start to turn around before they noticed paper plates. locally no problem

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would highly recommend bumper plugs, they are made really well and I often forget about them on my car. I can't imagine spot painting and clearing a tiny plastic plug would turn out that well DIY unless you have tons of experience. Either way, in the meantime just put the black body screws back in the holes once you take it out, but watch out while washing it as the wash mitt or sponge will grab and tear on it. Great looking car too!

Fort Worth as well! Hey I'll be at the Texas mustang invasion october 10th @ 10am at Gas monkey live if you want to go to a meet up. Aside from that I try to make the Cowntown cars and coffee as often as I can, you should come out.
I'm going to the TMI as well on the 10th it's going to be awesome! I actually just recently moved to the Fort Worth area (Bedford), so I haven't made it to the Cowtown Cars and Coffee yet but I'v been to the Plano meet a few times. Hope to see you around!

Sponsored

S5fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Squirtle
Vehicle(s)
16' Mustang Ecoboost *Magnetic* Prem.
I emailed and made sure my dealer didnt do that. He gave me his word he wasnt going to.

Slide1010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lauren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 501a M/T Magnetic Metallic
DIY Bumper Plugs

My dealer ended up trading with another dealer to get my car. Unfortunately, my car came from Ohio (front plate required) and I live in Kentucky (no front plate required). So, I'm in process of DIYing some bumper plugs. If it doesn't look good, I'll just go to a body shop - but figured it was worth trying to save the $200+ to spend on other mods. So far I've only used touch up paint (free from my dealer - they knew the front bracket was an issue for me) and nylon plugs of various sizes from Lowes ($1 per 2 plugs). As of right now, I've removed the front bracket to see hole size and painted the plugs I bought. I got a variety of sizes /types to try. I'll post installation photos tomorrow, but so far this seems to be a cheap and easy fix.
image.jpg

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
My dealer ended up trading with another dealer to get my car. Unfortunately, my car came from Ohio (front plate required) and I live in Kentucky (no front plate required). So, I'm in process of DIYing some bumper plugs. If it doesn't look good, I'll just go to a body shop - but figured it was worth trying to save the $200+ to spend on other mods. So far I've only used touch up paint (free from my dealer - they knew the front bracket was an issue for me) and nylon plugs of various sizes from Lowes ($1 per 2 plugs). As of right now, I've removed the front bracket to see hole size and painted the plugs I bought. I got a variety of sizes /types to try. I'll post installation photos tomorrow, but so far this seems to be a cheap and easy fix.
If you dont like those try bumperplugs.com they worked great on my car. Like u i live in KY and purchased the car in MD so it had it. Cant really tell they are there

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
I literally backed out of a deal at my dealership where they were bringing the car in from another and the plate was drilled. I was very specific that I did not want a car where that had been done. It all worked out though and they found me what I was looking for, with a clean front bumper.

Tofino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT stick.
Mines not perfect but good enough.
I took it off and used paint able silicone in the holes.
Then after it dried painted it.
The bugs hitting it while driving look a lot worse than that barely noticeable blemish.
Sponsored