Registration Issue preventing cross-country drive back

WingnuT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 1985 GT Conv, 1966 Fastback
How much was the services? Not sure my dealer will get on board with them, but Ill ask.

The dmv nation office just closed, ill try to give them and my dealer a call on Monday. Thank you Wingnut
There was no outright cost to me. It is a service that the dealer already subscribed to. Most likely because they have sold many cars out of state in the past.

Cool, let me know how it goes.

Darren
Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
I don't even have plates on my car (looks better without) - drive the car, who cares.

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I have purchased in MA and have had a car shipped back to CA. The MA dealer used a DMV service to register the car in CA before it left MA. I wouldn't be concerned with the 1 way temp registration from CA rules. Who's going to hassle you about it not being a direct route etc? As long as it's registered I don't think a cop is going to get into the nitty gritty.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
[MENTION=19414]Shift[/MENTION] congrats on going to get your car! Sorry for the hassle you're going through. In Indiana a bill of sale permits you to drive the car home no registration required in fact you have 15 days to register and plate as long as you have proof of insurance and bill of sale. Can't imagine most states are that much different? You might get pulled over but you will be or at least should be legal.

OP
OP

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
[MENTION=19414]Shift[/MENTION] congrats on going to get your car! Sorry for the hassle you're going through. In Indiana a bill of sale permits you to drive the car home no registration required in fact you have 15 days to register and plate as long as you have proof of insurance and bill of sale. Can't imagine most states are that much different? You might get pulled over but you will be or at least should be legal.
Thanks.

No go on all of that. My only choice is to attempt to get the 1-trip permit from CA.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I'm just going to throw a stupid question out there, how about Google the states you're driving through to get to CA? Get to the nearest boarder town of CA and get it taken care of? Can't be breaking a state law unless you're in the state ? Right? I honestly have never heard of something so messed up! I assume you'll pay your sales tax in the state you bought car. I'm just at a total loss never heard of such a thing...??
Sponsored