Sponsored

Recall for 19,500 2015 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost vehicles for elevated temperatures

Boxter4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Eco boost coupe
Car back today , dealer kept it over weekend . They gave me a loaner .The work looks good got to see it on the lift . Thank you Sarasota Ford .
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
My dealership is finally gonna do mine next friday, but they said that "the recall does not cover a loaner vehicle"...Did anyone else get this line or is it just my dealership?

S550Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Prem.
It only takes a few hours to install the parts so they wouldn't issue a loaner. Only if the car had to stay overnight then you could ask for one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It only takes a few hours to install the parts so they wouldn't issue a loaner. Only if the car had to stay overnight then you could ask for one

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Gotcha, thanks for the insight.

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
My dealership is finally gonna do mine next friday, but they said that "the recall does not cover a loaner vehicle"...Did anyone else get this line or is it just my dealership?
I actually got this line too when I took it in for the recall, and mine ended up taking two days to complete.

It's kind of annoying because what was the point of me getting the ESP Premium CARE if I never get a loaner for free when I take it in for a TSB or Recall? It's costing me money to get all these issues fixed.

Sponsored

RubyRed15

Ok, so it's blue.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
"So sorry we made the second most expensive thing you own wrong, but we're going to need you to majorly inconvenience yourself so we can get that taken care of."

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I just dropped mine off and they said it should be done by the end of the day and NO LOANER :mad:

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Well I finally got the recall completed. When I got the letter from Ford in July, I contacted The dealership I bought the car, Hasset in Wantagh NY. Spoke with Julie. Said she would find out about the parts and she would call me back when she found out how long it would take to order the parts.

Crickets.

Life is busy. About three weeks later I was actually driving past the dealership, so I stopped in and asked about the parts since I had not heard back. Julie was rude to say the least, and then said she would now order the parts and call me when they came in.

Crickets.

Three weeks go by, so I stop at Newins Ford in Bay Shore. They take my info and said they will order the parts and call me when the parts come in to schedule. Two weeks later, Newins called and scheduled for the following week. Brought car in at 7:30 and had it back that afternoon. Kudos to Newins. They were organized and did what they said they would do. Besides that,they were pleasant. :cheers:

I have still not heard a peep from Hasset, almost three months after my initial contact with the dealership where the car was purchased. :doh:

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Dang sandpiper, you had a way better experience than me. I called in, explained the recall and they said to bring it on by and it would take a half day. It's going on 3 days and it's still at the dealer!

Edit:

I see some of you guys weren't given loaners, and you have premium coverage plans! Wow. My dealer handed me a fully loaded 2015 fusion loaner, and I don't have a upgrade coverage plan. I didn't buy anything the dealer offered, I paid $5000 off msrp, not a penny more, and got the hell out of the stealership.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Summerville Ford (service) kept mine for 27 days. They gave me the car back without applying the recall since one of the parts were on backorder.

The best part was that the car was scratched (hood, trunk, sides) multiple times and they had to keep it for almost 2 more weeks to get it fixed.

Some dealers are "special".

Holy shit. Well mines still at the dealer, hopefully I don't set a new record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GJL2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Guys here's another way to look at it. I was told the recall is for the 'life of the car' and can be done at any time in the future. Which means, according to the service manager I talked to, that it's not actually mandatory that I do it right now. That means 10 years from now when I'm actually ready to trade it in, it can still be done, so no harm no foul. In other words defer the shakes and rattles and scratches to the next owner! ...just food for thought!
I really believe the cars are safe, otherwise I wouldn't be thinking this way. Greg

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
Yes, I agree with this approach. Can we confirm that the service manager is correct?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Guys here's another way to look at it. I was told the recall is for the 'life of the car' and can be done at any time in the future. Which means, according to the service manager I talked to, that it's not actually mandatory that I do it right now. That means 10 years from now when I'm actually ready to trade it in, it can still be done, so no harm no foul. In other words defer the shakes and rattles and scratches to the next owner! ...just food for thought!
I really believe the cars are safe, otherwise I wouldn't be thinking this way. Greg
Safety recalls are not "mandatory" (but highly encouraged), but if something happens because the recall wasn't done, and they can prove you knew about it but decided to not get the recall, then it's possible your insurance company and/or Ford might not cover damage caused by the defect that wasn't' taken care of.

GJL2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
GT Pony, yes those scenarios could be true but I honestly don't believe so. And I'm not going to do it sort of out of fear of any repercussions instead really fixing something mechanical that actually needs fixing. Like I said I truly believe the cars are safe. I was also worried about voiding my warranty by not doing it, but also was assured by several managers that it would be ok. And most recently after coming home from having an oil change at the Ford dealer and seeing the oil filler cap put on upside down and seeing generally sloppy work, I'm thinking to myself no frekin way will I let them dismantle my new car to that extent! But you need to do what you think is right and not listen to me. ..but I'm going to wait myself. Greg
Sponsored