Sponsored

Recall for 19,500 2015 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost vehicles for elevated temperatures

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
Had mine done last week. It was supposed to only take a day but it ended up taking two. The service advisor said that they've only done a few so it took a while to make sure everything was done right. All seems to be working as fine as when I dropped the car off.
Sponsored

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
I'm in pretty much the same boat.

I had my car looked at for a day only to find out they didn't have parts and I've been waiting about two weeks now. Moving to Phoenix in Sept so I'm hoping to get this taken care of in advance.

-Drew

GJL2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I think I'll just wait till the snow starts flying and when they FINALLY call me back that the parts came in, I'm just gonna say sorry the car's in storage for the winter! ....maybe next spring or something!

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
The shop foreman disassembled the necessary parts and installed the new thermo package today ..I had to drop the Mustang off at 7 AM yesturday morning . Picked it up around 3 PM every thing is fine . No complaints here , and yes I did a thurough inspection before leaving the lot along with drying the Mustang off from the car wash prior to pick up ..

I am happy with this dealerships service to date ..

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
called my dealer and was told they have no parts. asked to make an appointment and was told just to call back cause they don't order the parts for appointments??

Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Not to worry Bros, the individuals that were assigned to send out the convertible caps have now been given the job of sending out the recall parts to the dealerships.

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
I dropped my car off for 3 things Wednesday night - recall, seat backs not cooling and lifted molding around back window. Picked up last night and molding was fixed, but told seats are spec and they didn't have parts for the recall and they'd call me back when in, no ETA ... pft.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
called my dealer and was told they have no parts. asked to make an appointment and was told just to call back cause they don't order the parts for appointments??
Take the letter that you have recieved from Ford about the recall to your dealership and talk with a service advisor about ordering the parts that are necessary for the installation .

This should take about a week .. recontact the dealer after a weeks time to confirm that all of the package has arrived in parts dept. Set up a specific day to have the service provided ..

It is after all up to us owners to have this beneficial application performed ! So be patient and attentive ..also a bit of grattitude certainly helps ..

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
Sounds like your dealer doesnt want to do the job. I just got mine back yesterday (they took ALL day to do it), but my dealer did do the ordering of the parts. took a week or two but its done now

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
I talked a friend of mine into selling his small BMW and buying a 2015 Ecoboost. So now he asks me when he can get the recall done every time he sees me. He says his dealer doesn't have the parts. I tell him to keep after them. He's wondering if he should get the recall because of all the falderal.

Sponsored

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
OK, I went to the dealer this afternoon and spoke to the service manager (Tasca). First I was told to wait for a second letter from Ford saying the parts are sent to the dealers. I asked if he could find out more for me. He made an enquiry and came back to say: they order the parts when you make an apointment. It takes a week to get the parts. They would not keep the parts in stock as the number they would do is small. If I do mine soon I will be the first they do. Based on there sales, they may have only 2 total to do. I was told that Ford estimates a half day job, "and they always say longer than it is likely to take". I was told it is not a difficult repair, it won't create new noises or other problems.
I am still hesitant. I once followed up on a TSB for a Maxima I had, to realign the trunk. After that "repair" it looked MUCH worse,
with the seams uneven.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
OK, I went to the dealer this afternoon and spoke to the service manager (Tasca). First I was told to wait for a second letter from Ford saying the parts are sent to the dealers. I asked if he could find out more for me. He made an enquiry and came back to say: they order the parts when you make an apointment. It takes a week to get the parts. They would not keep the parts in stock as the number they would do is small. If I do mine soon I will be the first they do. Based on there sales, they may have only 2 total to do. I was told that Ford estimates a half day job, "and they always say longer than it is likely to take". I was told it is not a difficult repair, it won't create new noises or other problems.
I am still hesitant. I once followed up on a TSB for a Maxima I had, to realign the trunk. After that "repair" it looked MUCH worse,
with the seams uneven.

The fix is easy, BUT........ they have to take the gas tank out. they told me about 5 hours. Dropped off first thing Got it back before shop closed

GJL2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
After calling several times, going to the dealer in person and then being promised they would call me in a couple weeks when the parts came in and they haven't done it - I'M DONE WITH THIS !!! I'm not going to BEG the dealer to screw up my car (something that isn't even broke) and BEG them to do a job they obviously don't want to do in the first place reading all these blogs. Good luck guys with this stuff ...Greg

JonnyK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium Ecoboost
Question about 'cut-off' date on EB recall... My EB was built on 12 Feb, a couple days after the last date mentioned in the recall. It was held for more than six weeks after that, without any explanation, along with 4,000 other Mustangs, which I now assume were mainly EBs. My Ford account states that my convertible does NOT have any recalls listed. 'Earlier' EB owners seem to have the recall listed on their accounts.
Has anyone noticed a difference in the underbody of Feb 10+ EBs versus pre-Feb 10 models? Did my EB get the necessary fixes mentioned in the recall while still at Flat Rock? The extra heat shielding should be noticeable, if so.
mine was manufactured 05/15. the heat that comes from under the car is ridiculous.
Sponsored