Recall for 19,500 2015 Mustang 2.3L EcoBoost vehicles for elevated temperatures

Dicks15Guard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dick
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green EcoBoost Premium
NOT a single word from anyone, that I have seen, that a single dealer actually performed the FORD required "TEST" BEFORE doing a 7 hour stick-on "fix" ! ?

in which factory tightened to spec things are undone and then not torqued properly etc....

What am I missing, please ?

NOT trying to be difficult at all- just asking, as this forum is intended ?
Sponsored

GJL2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hi Dick15Guard how have you been? Have you had it done yet? Do you think our warranties would be voided if we skipped all the aluminum tape coming off and cardboard as seen in the pictures? Yes, I agree they need to test each and every car before it's done but it doesn't seem to be the case! IMO it looks like half of this stuff would come off going thru a car wash one time. thanks, Greg (GJL2000)

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
You guys are correct in asking for real data

ViolentDreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Silverado - '15 Ecoboost
NOT a single word from anyone, that I have seen, that a single dealer actually performed the FORD required "TEST" BEFORE doing a 7 hour stick-on "fix" ! ?

in which factory tightened to spec things are undone and then not torqued properly etc....

What am I missing, please ?

NOT trying to be difficult at all- just asking, as this forum is intended ?
What test? 7 hours? it takes 2-2.5 hours tops for a tech to do this recall, which replaces the fuel tank shield with one that already has thermal material attached, 3 pieces of thermal patches that are applied over the tank and new shield, along with 4 thermal sleeves for the vapor lines, and a thermal patch for the parking brake lines.

I can't speak for everyone but torquing the bolts to spec is simple when you are already there.

If you elect to pass on this recall you wouldn't be covered if your car developed a vapor leak, caught fire or the parking brake failed.

I just did the recall on my car the other day, it isn't hard at all.

Remove back seat, disconnect fuel lines/electrical connectors from tank, remove exhaust, driveshaft, 4 bolts and the tank comes out, replace heat shield and add new thermal patches to the tank, vapor lines and parking brake cables. Installation is reverse of removal.

New shield and thermal patches/sleeves

Hope this helps everyone understand whats done.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
just got message from my dealer regarding the recall

" Southgate Ford Friday 2:30 recall parts finally showed up. We actually had a couple that were ordered for you. We've already done the things are taken as long as five hours to do. So I'm just giving you a heads up they're not as easy as it looks but anyway give me a holler when you wanna come in so I can at least make sure we got a spot for you today or here 734-324-9795. Thank you "

there were a few words removed, nothing added

Sponsored

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
has anyone had a static from the dealers about aftermarket downpipes or are you swapping them out before hand?

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you drive conservatively, less track type driving, 60 than 100, does that mean you are less likely to have a overheating problem?

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Well I got the phone from the dealer my parts were in so I went down to see about making an appointment and spoke to a different guy in the service dept that I originally spoke to....he told me 5hrs and up and possibly into a second day if any problems arise....so I as asked about a loaner car....NOPE...the car is my wifes DD so now I'm looking at the potential of no car for possibly 2 days....kinda of a hassle now.. We're going on a 3000 mile road trip during Labor Day weekend and DO I really want them doing this before I go......I'm thinking wait till after the trip and get my 10K service and warranty work done then....

Mojo_Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
What test? 7 hours? it takes 2-2.5 hours tops for a tech to do this recall, which replaces the fuel tank shield with one that already has thermal material attached, 3 pieces of thermal patches that are applied over the tank and new shield, along with 4 thermal sleeves for the vapor lines, and a thermal patch for the parking brake lines.

I can't speak for everyone but torquing the bolts to spec is simple when you are already there.

If you elect to pass on this recall you wouldn't be covered if your car developed a vapor leak, caught fire or the parking brake failed.

I just did the recall on my car the other day, it isn't hard at all.

Remove back seat, disconnect fuel lines/electrical connectors from tank, remove exhaust, driveshaft, 4 bolts and the tank comes out, replace heat shield and add new thermal patches to the tank, vapor lines and parking brake cables. Installation is reverse of removal.

Hope this helps everyone understand whats done.
Thanks for the info, but the scope of what is to be done makes me much less inclined to get this recall done. Remove the fuel tank, exhaust and driveshaft? Yeah, it's not rocket science, but my experiences with dealer repairs hasn't always in resulted in the original problem being fixed, and "incidental" damage to my car while in the dealer's possession.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
My service adviser showed me the recall in their system and Ford estimates it to be a 4 hour job. I'm still waiting to hear from the service department about the parts being available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Had my done about a week ago. No dings or extra scratches from the tech. Runs and drives just like I dropped it off. Some of you guys worry way too much. Dropped it off as soon as they opened Monday morning and had it back at 3:30pm that same day.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
This will be the 3rd week waiting for the dealer to recieve the required additional parts required to perform this recall service . The service advisors seem to be hesitant to get their act together and collaborate with the parts dept to verify that all of the required parts are in inventory for me to finalÄşy get this recall processed and finalized by the installation of added thermal protections ..

Wish me luck next week ..

I may have to find another dealer that has more experience and patience with the techs that have to perform these týpes of services required by FORD and the Fed .

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info, but the scope of what is to be done makes me much less inclined to get this recall done. Remove the fuel tank, exhaust and driveshaft? Yeah, it's not rocket science, but my experiences with dealer repairs hasn't always in resulted in the original problem being fixed, and "incidental" damage to my car while in the dealer's possession.
This my thinking too

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Well I made an appointment for mine today for Sept 15th after my road trip and I was told mine will be their first....looks like Im the guinea pig
Sponsored