Sponsored

Radio Stopped Working

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Have any of your guys had your radio mysteriously quit working and then start working again?

The other day I cranked up the car and the radio would not power on. Everything else in the car worked fine. I drove for about 1.5 hours and the radio never came back to life. I stopped and turned the car off for about 10 mins and started it back. The radio still did not work and I drove for another hour. I stopped for lunch and left the car for about an hour. When I cranked it back up the radio came back to life and has worked fine ever since.

:crazy:
Sponsored

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Twice since i have had my car the radio would not work. The electronics unit powers on, etc but I could not get the radio to work. The next time i went to drive my car, the radio would then come back on with no issues. If it continues to persist, I will take it in for a replacement.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Have any of your guys had your radio mysteriously quit working and then start working again?

The other day I cranked up the car and the radio would not power on. Everything else in the car worked fine. I drove for about 1.5 hours and the radio never came back to life. I stopped and turned the car off for about 10 mins and started it back. The radio still did not work and I drove for another hour. I stopped for lunch and left the car for about an hour. When I cranked it back up the radio came back to life and has worked fine ever since.

:crazy:
Did the car think you were in a call? Thats the only time ive had it not work I had to turn bluetooth off and on

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Is there such a thing as a radio in the 350 that i don't know about ? ;)

UFGator350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Mine did this the day I bought it. I figured I would listen to the radio on a 6hr drive back from the dealer and nothing. After calls to tech support telling me how to reset it it still wouldn't work. Took a break to get gas and all of a sudden it worked and has been fine ever since.

Sponsored

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
Yes I have it happen all the time. Service did a software update and it still has the issue.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
Yep as others, happened to me as well. I let the car sit off while having lunch, came back out and it was working. Has only happened once. Everything else would work fine but when I pressed the audio selection on the touch screen it would sit there then bounce back and say the radio is off.

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I know its not the radio per say but I have had the reverse camera stay on even when I had stopped reversing and moved forwards and away in first gear. I thought that maybe it takes a certain amount of time or speed when pulling away for the camera to turn off but I got up to about 35 in second and it still stayed on.

Seems to happen every time and not randomly. Anyone else had this?

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Had it happen once. The screen completely froze up. Disconnected battery and it's been right as rain since.

OP
OP

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the car think you were in a call? Thats the only time ive had it not work I had to turn bluetooth off and on
No. The entire 4" screen was dark

Sponsored
OP
OP

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! I didn't really expect this many people to have this problem. Do you guys have the 4" or 8" systems?

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My car has 1700 miles on it and shouldn't the dealer make sure that is done? Looks like another trip down there.
Yetitime,

Yes, generally the dealer should always look at the software and make sure it's up to date. You can check out that link I sent before you go to the dealer as well.

Cara

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
Thanks, it states my sync is up to date.
Sponsored