Sponsored

Question regarding ordering

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
I spoke to the salesperson at my dealer today about ordering a 2017 350R. We both are aware that allocations have not yet been provided to dealers for 2017 yet, and I believe I am at the front of the list at this dealer as far as getting an allocation if one is available to them.

However, the salesperson told me that allocations come pre-determined as to build options (colors, packages, etc), and that customers cannot choose what to order.

Is he correct in saying this? Is he misinformed, or trying to make sure I buy what they want to order? Should I speak to someone else or another dealer?

If anyone on the forum who has actual knowledge of the process, I would greatly appreciate the assistance! :ford:
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
The only thing that's predetermined is the allocation at the beginning of the model year. Shop around; a salesperson who spews this type of misinformation can't be trusted.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Tell that salesperson to start reading the GT350 forums.... maybe he can learn a thing or two. :crazy:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Do yourself a favor, don't walk but run from these people.:headbonk:

If this dealership had a previous allocation for an R model they would certainly know all of the details and they obviously have no idea what they are talking about.:crazy:

All body color and other options such as the Electronics Package, roof color, stripes and car cover are at the discretion of the purchaser subject to any possible changes for the 2017MY.

Even though the order banks have not officially opened for the 2017MY some dealerships are already aware of whether they have an R model allocation or not for the 2017MY.

Going forward if you are able to confirm and put a deal together on an R model make sure that you get all pertinent details in writing on the dealership letterhead.

Good luck!

:cheers:

Reactions: FTD

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
My car was initially a dealer order. They converted it to my specific build. That was in December so likely months after the initial configuration.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
As long as the dealer has an allocation, you can order it however you want. Anyone that says it has pre-determined options is either uninformed or spewing straight up bullshit. Either way I would be hesitant on dealing with them. The customers can absolutely 100% choose what they would like to order as long as the order has not been pulled by Ford. The only thing they can't choose is whether or not the dealership has an a regular GT350 or a GT350R as not all dealerships get an R allocation.

OP
OP

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
Thank you all for the information and advice! I will see if I can figure out whether the salesperson is just unclear of how it works or if the dealership is just not being on the level.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
God dam! I wish there was a dealership that could be trusted. I'm sure they are out there, somewhere.

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
God dam! I wish there was a dealership that could be trusted. I'm sure they are out there, somewhere.
Yes they exist, many stories of happy clients and good dealers.
Problem is they sell fast and are out of cars because they treat people right.
Now you have scum bag dealers left, making a bad name for all of them,

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You donā€™t want to know
I wish there was a dealership that could be trusted. I'm sure they are out there, somewhere.
I have one - always sells at MSRP and below, never was too busy to answer my wherizzit questions, prefers to keep specialty cars like the GT 350 in the local area and provides excellent service from all departments of the dealership.

Here's an example from when I picked up my car this week: I arrived at the dealer to look at the car right after it was dropped off, and the first thing I did was look under the front end to see if it had been damaged in shipping. It was perfect, because it had been properly loaded on the truck. (The first two the dealer received a few months ago were loaded wrong, and the front ends were pretty torn up.) The prep guy (not the owner or manager, but one of the guys in the shop), walked up and said he'd called the trucking company, tracked down the driver who would be delivering my car and talked to him about why it was so important to load the car properly! If that doesn't fall into the category of "exceeds expectations," I don't know what does. :clap2:
Sponsored