Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
After 5 weeks waiting for my blower it arrived today. CNC by Jokerz. I have a Solar 103mm TB and 2.5 pulley to go with it. Will report back on WHP and Max boost level.

1000007554.jpg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Was there ever any review on that PWR coolant brick upgrade for the 18+ roush set up? It looks like it wasn't popular just like the max cooling kit for a daily driver?

Does the Roush work out of the box with the Ecoboost boost gauge enabled? Can that be enabled via forscan while on the Roush tune or need to be added via stock before applying the tune?

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Was there ever any review on that PWR coolant brick upgrade for the 18+ roush set up? It looks like it wasn't popular just like the max cooling kit for a daily driver?

Does the Roush work out of the box with the Ecoboost boost gauge enabled? Can that be enabled via forscan while on the Roush tune or need to be added via stock before applying the tune?
Stay with an interchiller - itā€™s the only proven solution. The very best any heat source changer can get is ambient temperature and most fall far short of that. An interchiller can get AIT2 temperatures well below ambient.

the Evoboost gauge set is plug and play - no coding required.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Stay with an interchiller - itā€™s the only proven solution. The very best any heat source changer can get is ambient temperature and most fall far short of that. An interchiller can get AIT2 temperatures well below ambient.

the Evoboost gauge set is plug and play - no coding required.
You mean the ecoboost gauge? It's not available on my digital dash, it has to be unlocked via forscan

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

You mean the ecoboost gauge? It's not available on my digital dash, it has to be unlocked via forscan
If your car is a performance pack and has the 2 center gauges you can put an ecoboost set in

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
If your car is a performance pack and has the 2 center gauges you can put an ecoboost set in
I just have gt/cs with no center dash gauges so would have to try adding the digital Ecoboost boost gauge to my display via forscan. Or connect and add a mechanical gauge to a vent. So reason I asked was if that method can be done while still on Roush tune or need to be done on stock tune first? And does it read accurately vs the pp center panel boost gauge?

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT

I would look at interchillers for Heat Soak. I don't think the bricks made a big difference.

cimbt001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I just have gt/cs with no center dash gauges so would have to try adding the digital Ecoboost boost gauge to my display via forscan. Or connect and add a mechanical gauge to a vent. So reason I asked was if that method can be done while still on Roush tune or need to be done on stock tune first? And does it read accurately vs the pp center panel boost gauge?
You can swap out the dash trim for a performance pack dash trim with the provision for the two ecoboost gauges and then install the gauges. Iā€™m fairly certain that the connector for the gauges will be there despite you not having the gauge option so it would be a plug and play. The dash trim swap is very easy and fast / probably about 30 minutes for a novice. I would consider swapping in a real carbon fiber replacement since it makes a HUGE difference in appearance.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
You can swap out the dash trim for a performance pack dash trim with the provision for the two ecoboost gauges and then install the gauges. Iā€™m fairly certain that the connector for the gauges will be there despite you not having the gauge option so it would be a plug and play. The dash trim swap is very easy and fast / probably about 30 minutes for a novice. I would consider swapping in a real carbon fiber replacement since it makes a HUGE difference in appearance.
Actually I would retain my gt/cs trim, it has its own unique pattern anyway. That was why I was asking if the digital Ecoboost display can read off a Roush if I got it enabled. And at least I can see the gauge easily right in front via view my gauge section.

20210823_185554.jpg

Last edited:

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Would the 5W-50 requirement for Roush be overkill for someone who won't be doing pulls, track, drag racing, and just drive normal within the speed limit?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Perhaps not necessary but I donā€™t know that I would call it overkill. Iā€™d run a 5w40 euro blend in that case.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't think it is overkill at all. Many authentic Roush Mustangs are sold to those who will drive normal and all of them come with 5w50 oil in the engine. The GT500 comes from Ford with the 5w50 and pretty sure lots of folks buy those and don't use them in a high-performance manner. Many will say supercharger= 5w50....of course, there will be others that will state, don't worry about what the manufacturer states should be in the engine.

What is the reason for wanting to change to a different spec oil?

Would the 5W-50 requirement for Roush be overkill for someone who won't be doing pulls, track, drag racing, and just drive normal within the speed limit?

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
What is the reason for wanting to change to a different spec oil?
I found several examples that 5W-20/30, low viscosity oils flow easier to protect engine parts at cold temperature. While 5W-50, high viscosity oils are typically better at maintaining film strength to protect engines at high temperatures.

So I was not sure it will affect engine life if I am not getting the engine up to temp enough such as doing daily commutes of just 3 miles etc often late at night.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Ok, I got you. Just know that even Ford moved away from 5w20 in the 5.0. Your signature shows California, so would that put you in a high temp area? I ask because I know it depends on where you are in CA. I will say that not getting your engine up to temps is most likely much worst on your engine regardless of oil. How about some weekend road driving or taking the long way home during that daily commute.

I found several examples that 5W-20/30, low viscosity oils flow easier to protect engine parts at cold temperature. While 5W-50, high viscosity oils are typically better at maintaining film strength to protect engines at high temperatures.

So I was not sure it will affect engine life if I am not getting the engine up to temp enough such as doing daily commutes of just 3 miles etc often late at night.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, I got you. Just know that even Ford moved away from 5w20 in the 5.0. Your signature shows California, so would that put you in a high temp area? I ask because I know it depends on where you are in CA. I will say that not getting your engine up to temps is most likely much worst on your engine regardless of oil. How about some weekend road driving or taking the long way home during that daily commute.
I work and live near West LA. I always make sure I get coolant temp up and I drive a mix of 25 - 45 mph roads, I get rpm rarely above 2-3. Yes I do long drives at times to Arizona and Nevada at highway speeds etc. No issues with car since 2018, I also change oil 6 months even I put low miles.