Quarter Panel Damage

dracoval

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Draco
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Sister hit me in her truck pulling out of driveway going 2 mph, how much do you guys think this would cost to repair?
IMG_9729.jpeg
IMG_9730.jpeg
Sponsored

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT, 07 Ford Taurus SE, 95 F250 Xlt
Unfortunately that’s probably expensive beyond what she’d be willing to cough up.

Insurance is the answer here unless you’re okay with some backyard tomfoolery.

Edit: I support backyard shenanigans, I’m probably one of the worst offenders on the forum. If you don’t about resale grab a pry bar and hammers LOL.

Last edited:

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That is a full quarter replacement. Will be costly. $10k or better.

OP
OP

dracoval

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Draco
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Unfortunately that’s probably expensive beyond what she’d be willing to cough up.

Insurance is the answer here unless you’re okay with some backyard tomfoolery.

Edit: I support backyard shenanigans, I’m probably one of the worst offenders on the forum. If you don’t about resale grab a pry bar and hammers LOL.
No yea I understand lmao but you don’t think a body shop can just pull out the dent? I get it, it’s the quarter panel but it looks like it could just be pulled easily

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT/CS
No yea I understand lmao but you don’t think a body shop can just pull out the dent? I get it, it’s the quarter panel but it looks like it could just be pulled easily
Not a chance! Several areas are bent that won't cooperate well at all. If you get into pulling it out you can improve the damage but it won't look right. It's driveable, though if you can live with it. Bummer.

Sponsored

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely, it’s up to you to decide how deep you want to go into this.

That would definitely be cheaper than a cut/replace of that quarter.

Depending on who you ask “recovering” that panel might cost more than cutting/replacing.

Grab a few quotes! Our cars are still pretty late model so doing this properly in the name of resale/aesthetics is preferred (in my humble opinion).

Last edited:

17MagMetal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
That is a full quarter replacement. Will be costly. $10k or better.

If all your quotes are like this just go through insurance.

You were hit and run, HIT AND RUN.

For legal purposes I’m kidding.

OP
OP

dracoval

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Draco
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Not a chance! Several areas are bent that won't cooperate well at all. If you get into pulling it out you can improve the damage but it won't look right. It's driveable, though if you can live with it. Bummer.
I’m fine if the dent is able to be pulled out which it should, I understand it won’t look perfect I just want the car to not have a huge dent in the quarter panel lmao

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m fine if the dent is able to be pulled out which it should, I understand it won’t look perfect I just want the car to not have a huge dent in the quarter panel lmao

That's actually not a bad idea. Ask around your local area and find out who a few reputable Paintless Dent Removal guys are.

They could probably work some magic on that.

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
She must drive a big truck…

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
F’n expensive. 10k+

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sister hit me in her truck pulling out of driveway going 2 mph, how much do you guys think this would cost to repair?
IMG_9729.jpeg
IMG_9730.jpeg
Well, it won’t be pretty, but you can always remove the trim panels in the trunk and hire a short person to get in and kick the dents out. (Not sure if my statement is politically correct, if not I apologize.) :cwl:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
PDR will not be able to pull that out to even closely resemble before panel damages…

PDR may be able to just pop some of it out (the real low lying areas), but you’re talking HOURS of work for any Pro PDR to do such a job and not having it end up looking half way decent.

As others said, to repair its a definite 1/4 replacement and won’t be cheap by any means. The only way to cheapen the hit on a full 1/4 replacement is:
- tell them you will remove as much as you can prior to dropping it off…. which would be bumper cover, taillight, trunk lid, rear seat, and entire rear 1/4 interior plastics on that side of the car. They will need to remove any other major parts if needed.

- Just have the shop properly hang the 1/4 and prep in primer without paint….

Unless there’s a BillyBob nearby with a 20lb can of Bondo and 10 Rustoleum White Spray cans….

—-

Bright white car…. The question is “how” and what type of “truck”…. Big Foot or Gravedigger?

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
If all your quotes are like this just go through insurance.

You were hit and run, HIT AND RUN.

For legal purposes I’m kidding.
Either have her buy the car from you, or get the quarter panel replaced for thousand$.

Even if you got into "another" accident and claimed it did this damage, you are still out the deductible. So the Hit and Run still costs the deductible. Furthermore, no matter HOW it happened or by WHOM, it is still a claim on your insurance. So there really is no advantage to making up a story. When it comes right down to it, the insurance company really doesn't care how or who - it just costs a deductible and becomes a claim. You always want to see that "0" on your Declarations page and not a "1".
Sponsored