QC

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
Honestly with all the QC issues people are reporting with body panels, rubbing doors, uneven rear windows, I would be hesitant to order one of these if they are coming off the same assembly lines as the rest of the Mustangs. 30-40k for a car with some issues is one thing. 50-65k for a car with those issues is another. Might as well get a C7. The most complaints they have is some orange peel but at least the lines are straight.

If I knew these issues that are rearing their ugly heads would not be carried over to these I would be all over this in a heart beat.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Honestly with all the QC issues people are reporting with body panels, rubbing doors, uneven rear windows, I would be hesitant to order one of these if they are coming off the same assembly lines as the rest of the Mustangs. 30-40k for a car with some issues is one thing. 50-65k for a car with those issues is another. Might as well get a C7. The most complaints they have is some orange peel but at least the lines are straight.

If I knew these issues that are rearing their ugly heads would not be carried over to these I would be all over this in a heart beat.
I thought the C7 has engine issues?

The complaints are certainly going to be exposed far more than the perfect cars, like mine. The pissed of people are posting about their issues, the happy ones are not...40k cars have been sold...only about 800 owners are here...

OP
OP
Sal33n

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
There are heat soak issues with the Z06. I am referring to a standard C7 N/A.

If you traverse forums of any product people will post of their problems more than how great the product is. However it is pretty certain that when the same issues keep coming up, there is something to it. Let's look at it this way: If there are only (let's just use this number as an example) 400 users on this forum that own a 2015 model and 10 percent of them have problems, then extrapolate that out to the thousands that have been sold that are not on the forum.

Also consider that most review websites contain people that purposely go their to give their review and usually it's for a negative reason since most don't take the time for positive reviews. I take those with a grain of salt. this is however an enthusiast forum. Most here are here because of the love of the product and not strictly here to give a review. So I would trust the amount of users that are signed up for this forum are not mainly here to review the product.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
1. Serious QC issues do exist
2. It is NOT just that a few on the internet posting about it concern. I own an 15 LE- not perfect but close enough (for a "rare" car Ford should have had these perfect, shows Quality is no longer Job 1 at Ford).

I need a new daily driver. I have visited over 10 dealers in Northern Calif trying to buy an Eco--very hard to find what I want and have thus expanded my desired/acceptable list as to options. But when I have found something close and driven up to 100 miles (Bay Area) to inspect--I have rejected that I have found as a bridge too far is being off as to body panels. I've owned about 8 new Mustangs since 99 and have never seen this type of run of body panel fitting issues. I didn't believe the internet traffic at first but I've sampled over 100 cars (I've inspected other cars on the lot when looking at the one I was interested in....cars I'd call first rate and flawless (proving it can be done) I can count on one hand. Current build quality is disgusting.

3. I've owned 3 Corvettes since 2003. 2 Z06's and a Grand Sport. Flaws exist with those cars as well (look up column lock, corners of the front fender matching up with the hood and door).

Statement of buying a C7 instead of Ordering a GT350 is fatally flawed and poser garbage from someone buying neither.
You can Order and not accept if it comes in flawed.
Very FEW right now can "order" a GT350...most dealers not doing so...just taking names for lists- order banks not open.
So claiming your not ordering a car you cannot order because it might have a panel fitment issue is beyond BS.

Kinda like saying I would have ordered a 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB4 Daytona back in 1973 when I was 15 but I was afraid the red color would have clashed with my green Schwinn 10 speed. Otherwise I would have a million dollar Daytona in my Garage right now....

Do not pretend to be in the GT350 market (or C7 market) when you more of a KIA kinda guy...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
1. Serious QC issues do exist
2. It is NOT just that a few on the internet posting about it concern. I own an 15 LE- not perfect but close enough (for a "rare" car Ford should have had these perfect, shows Quality is no longer Job 1 at Ford).
No offense but stating the LE is a "rare" car, it really not accurate. It is built just like my '15 GT PP and on the same line. The same line and QC people that produced my flawless car.

These are not one off cars that are produced at another location, with a different team, etc. The same people build all of them.

I don't agree with the serious QC issues exist. Some issues do exist. The "bad" cars get all the exposure as it typical with any "bad" buying experience.

I will also disagree that Quality is no longer Job 1 with Ford...I find that statement laughable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sal33n

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Statement of buying a C7 instead of Ordering a GT350 is fatally flawed and poser garbage from someone buying neither.
You can Order and not accept if it comes in flawed.
Very FEW right now can "order" a GT350...most dealers not doing so...just taking names for lists- order banks not open.
So claiming your not ordering a car you cannot order because it might have a panel fitment issue is beyond BS.

Kinda like saying I would have ordered a 1973 Ferrari 365 GTB4 Daytona back in 1973 when I was 15 but I was afraid the red color would have clashed with my green Schwinn 10 speed. Otherwise I would have a million dollar Daytona in my Garage right now....

Do not pretend to be in the GT350 market (or C7 market) when you more of a KIA kinda guy...
Not trying to be a poser. I was promised by my girlfriend (now fiance) that if she gets a 2 karat ring then I get a corvette. Well I stepped up and went over 2 karats. Hence I am most definitely in the market. I am actually a Cadillac kinda guy but have always been a Mustang fan at heart since I had owned 2 fox body manuals (Cobra and GT) years ago. Since I saw the new mustang at the Detroit auto show it has been swaying me.

Just because you can order something and not accept it doesn't mean you want to go through that hassle. My statement is not flawed, it is my choice to determine whether or not to buy something based on a quality issue. And I never implied I can order one right now, just that when the opportunity is available.

You don't have to come across so negatively... It's too nice out today!

Mustang33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Early C7's had issues with main bearings, requiring engine rebuilds or replacements, that the reason I went with a used Boss

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I see all the european dealers, garage bays full everyday too.
And quite expensive in those bays.
I love when people are complaining about the quality of the GT350 and you can't even order it yet!! really you need another hobby.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sal33n

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I see all the european dealers, garage bays full everyday too.
And quite expensive in those bays.
I love when people are complaining about the quality of the GT350 and you can't even order it yet!! really you need another hobby.
I love when people don't take the time to actually read what they are responding to. If you had, you would see I am just concerned that a lot of the issues currently being shown may possibly carry over.
Really you need to learn to read.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I've been trying to decide between a C7 and GT350, and as far as quality goes, the Vette hasn't been stellar in that regard either.

1. Main bearing issues (several posts on CF about people with munched engines, not to mention C&D's lightning lap and long term blowups - still not sure if this was the same car or two different instances)
2. Differential failures due to improper lube from the factory
3. Engine oil fill issues.
4. Z51 Brakes that seem to be a bit weak for track work.
5. Various panel fit issue (although likely not as prevalent as on the Mustang)

I drove the C7 @ the Ron Fellows School, where they had about 50 of them, and MOST looked pretty good. Several did have obvious alignment issues though. Still, it's a brilliant car overall.

I did visit a local dealer (San Jose, CA) when the Mustang first was released, and of the 5 cars they had at the time, most had slight hood alignment issues (I think latch and bumpers required adjustment), but everything else looked pretty good. I didn't inspect extremely carefully though.

Even with the seemingly common alignment issues, I'm currently leaning strongly toward the GT350 because it has rear seats, better brakes (this is an educated guess), and a more exciting engine than the C7.

The thing is, you can't find a naturally aspirated car of this caliber from any of the German companies these days, so if that's important to you, your choices are pretty limited.

I do hope Ford is able to get the most egregious alignment issues resolved by the time I am ready to order my CO GT350 with Track Pack and black stripes.

-T

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
Has anyone from Ford ever addressed the QC issue on this forum? I'd be interested to hear what they have to say. I think that a few teething pains would be expected in the launch of a new model. What is harder to comprehend is that glaring things like panel misalignment or hood misalignment would be allowed to continue after the problem was identified by management. I really am interested in buying a Mustang, particularly a GT350 if the price works for me. But I can't and won't tolerate defects in workmanship and materials. So I really wonder: how wide spread are these issues really? Is this beyond what should be reasonably expected from Ford's manufacturing process?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

If a C7 is better you should buy it. Let us know what you think after owning it for a while. :)

I will be considering the C7, but the engine in that vehicle is boring to me. I would rather have a car with some panel fitment issues and a flat plane crank than one with perfect panel alignment and a boring engine.

Yeah I know what you're talking about with the dry spray on GM products. I like black and I'd probably have to get it sanded and buffed out.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
No offense but stating the LE is a "rare" car, it really not accurate.
With 1964 built is is rare, get over your insecurity and jealousy.... but that is not the point. The point is that with Ford making a big deal about the LE cars--special introduction of the LE at the April 2014 50th celebrations by Bill ford arriving in one, shipping the cars is special protective wrappers, blah blah blah you would think they (Ford) would be sure that those cars would be 'perfect'. And the fact they aren't tells you what has happened to Quality being Job 1.

If you dig into it-talk to people at Ford- I have, you will find that Ford has changed their QC specs (Fields is very much a numbers guy not a car guy)...Ford has relaxed standards a wee bit (all lines, not just Mustang) as to what is acceptable "in spec" and what isn't in terms of QC getting vehicles out the door and what they will pay in terms of dealerships making corrections.

There is also serious issues as to the robots being used and the current capability of Ford's production robotic line being able to handle tighter fitment specs as more and more flexible (read nonmetal) materials are put into use as body panels that flex during install. This is happening within the industry and not just Ford.

It is called- thin non-metal materials, lighten the vehicle, CAFE requirements while keeping comfort and performance figures people want..... all part of the equation.
Sponsored