Sponsored

Possibly buying GT350 today, any last minute advice?

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That's what mine looked like on day 1, albeit with a red pinstripe similar to the Rs. Such a good combo. You will love it.

PS, after about 6 months or a dozen or so heat cycles, those PSS really fall off. Just keep that in mind if there's wet roads or anything.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
That's what mine looked like on day 1, albeit with a red pinstripe similar to the Rs. Such a good combo. You will love it.

PS, after about 6 months or a dozen or so heat cycles, those PSS really fall off. Just keep that in mind if there's wet roads or anything.
appreciate the info!

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same experience with Shelby GT350 owners. I do not why the owners of these two cars fight, if anything we should be allies.
Has another Mustang owner ever pulled up to you and started touting how his car was better than yours? That's all that happened here.

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Has another Mustang owner ever pulled up to you and started touting how his car was better than yours? That's all that happened here.
Yes they have and I just ignored them because I thought they had a kid mentality.

lunatect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
About to turn 50 and been around many cars in my life time and MANY people would agree that the last true 500 was the 13-14. And you owning ford's most unreliable engine ever built shows me your true knowledge. And that is a FACT.
Wow. Lol.

Sponsored

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Also, OP, pay attention to your oil consumption. Don't be "that guy" who blew his motor and blamed it on FORD. Your car *could* consume up to a quart of oil in 500 miles. It is imperative that you figure out how much your car uses per your driving style and check it frequently. Also, i believe everyone in here will suggest an oil catch can for at least the passenger side of your engine. These are high compression engines with low tension rings.
I'm going to second keeping an eye on your oil usage. I'm going to disagree on the high consumption being normal per the owner's manual and the high compression engine/low tension ring rationalization. This from a guy with a 2017 with high oil consumption who had an engine replacement and has now used zero oil in nearly 5000 miles (have already saved the cost of 10 quarts of 5w/50!). If you are using that much oil, get compression and leak down test and get it fixed because something is wrong with an engine that uses that much oil when many with the same high compression/low tension rings don't.

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Don't disagree with you at all on some change being made. However, many Gen 1 engines with supposed same low tension rings don't burn any oil either. My point being the ones that consume a lot have something wrong other than "low tension rings". In my case was scored walls in three cylinders. Whether due to defective rings or defective treatment of the cylinder walls to begin with, something clearly different between my engine and those that don't consume oil. Therefore stand by my statement of check it out if that high of consumption.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
I'm going to second keeping an eye on your oil usage. I'm going to disagree on the high consumption being normal per the owner's manual and the high compression engine/low tension ring rationalization. This from a guy with a 2017 with high oil consumption who had an engine replacement and has now used zero oil in nearly 5000 miles (have already saved the cost of 10 quarts of 5w/50!). If you are using that much oil, get compression and leak down test and get it fixed because something is wrong with an engine that uses that much oil when many with the same high compression/low tension rings don't.
I know it's complete different engine but that's how my harley is too and it doesn't sit well with me either

Bike holds 5 qts and when I drained it last at the 5k I only pulled maybe 3.25 qts out. Plus another few ounces that dumped from my filter

Mothership says that's within spec though as 1 qt per 1500 miles is "normal"
Sponsored