Sponsored

Possibly buying GT350 today, any last minute advice?

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Oh for sure. I'm super excited. Looking fwd to see how this plays out and where it leads
Obviously you've been on 6G for a minute. You're in the right place when it comes to getting help and information.
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Also, OP, pay attention to your oil consumption. Don't be "that guy" who blew his motor and blamed it on FORD. Your car *could* consume up to a quart of oil in 500 miles. It is imperative that you figure out how much your car uses per your driving style and check it frequently. Also, i believe everyone in here will suggest an oil catch can for at least the passenger side of your engine. These are high compression engines with low tension rings.

Sponsored

526 HRSE

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I really like how it is right now. Is it really worth it?
I can't even remember what it sounds like with resonators anymore, but i remember immediately after thinking it was for sure worth it. I love the way my car sounds now.

Btw, it's still super quiet with you turn on the Po Po switch.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Most Mach owners that I have met are easy to get along with... there will always be some who bash the GT350 for personal reasons.

This guy was one of the cool ones... we even swapped seats and drove each others cars:

IMG_7982.JPG

There will always be a few Twat Waffles within the bunch to mess things up.... these are Forums for God's sake; you need to expect disruption.

TWAT WAFFLE DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phase of “Twat Waffle” is the sole proprietorship of nastang86xx and shall be only used with recognition to the original author of the phrase.
I have the same experience with Shelby GT350 owners. I do not why the owners of these two cars fight, if anything we should be allies.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I agree with most of what you're saying except about the falling off up top comment. Everyone knows the 5.0 especially the gen3 pulls hard and gains power right up until the redline and in fact when you tune it, sometimes they extend the redline for more power. The gen3 coyote pulls all the way thru period. And also on most dynos I've seen the mach makes almost 30 more hp stock for stock over the regular gt. Steeda just put out the latest video actually.
Hey Mach Daddy, you got a link to the new Steeda +30 hp dyno video? I’ve tried unsuccessfully to dig it out.

Not challenging I’d just like to see it.

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Hey Mach Daddy, you got a link to the new Steeda +30 hp dyno video? I’ve tried unsuccessfully to dig it out.

Not challenging I’d just like to see it.
On YouTube type in Mach 1 vs mustang gt on dyno, it is literally the first video that comes up.https://youtu.be/5hLK2p_pkMU?si=LX5DOb6ZiQaOMsjw. It actually made 32 more rwhp. Mach 1 is a beast!!! And they even said they had to do it in a lower gear because of running into limiter, so if they dyno it in the right 1:1 gear it would of had higher numbers. And it also had 15lbs more TQ.

Last edited:

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
On YouTube type in Mach 1 vs mustang gt on dyno, it is literally the first video that comes up.https://youtu.be/5hLK2p_pkMU?si=LX5DOb6ZiQaOMsjw. It actually made 32 more rwhp. Mach 1 is a beast!!! And they even said they had to do it in a lower gear because of running into limiter, so if they dyno it in the right 1:1 gear it would of had higher numbers. And it also had 15lbs more TQ.
Thanks very much, I appreciate it!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have the same experience with Shelby GT350 owners. I do not why the owners of these two cars fight, if anything we should be allies.
To me it’s pretty simple, just respect each other and their cars. I wander into the Shelby threads (probably more than I should considering I don’t have one yet) but I always try to be respectful (and that goes for the general S550 threads also). Give respect, you usually get it back.

But when you come into a thread with guns ablazing, then point fingers at others, that’s a problem. I finally drove a Mach a month or so ago. It’s a great car. I’ve driven 350’s and 500’s, also great cars. Ford gave us great options to choose from in S550 run that best fit our wants/needs, from the Eco all the way up to the GT500. Just be respectful of someone else’s choice (or just keep your mouth shut).

Sorry your parade got rained on, OP. Enjoy your GT350!

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
To me it’s pretty simple, just respect each other and their cars. I wander into the Shelby threads (probably more than I should considering I don’t have one yet) but I always try to be respectful (and that goes for the general S550 threads also). Give respect, you usually get it back.

But when you come into a thread with guns ablazing, then point fingers at others, that’s a problem. I finally drove a Mach a month or so ago. It’s a great car. I’ve driven 350’s and 500’s, also great cars. Ford gave us great options to choose from in S550 run that best fit our wants/needs, from the Eco all the way up to the GT500. Just be respectful of someone else’s choice (or just keep your mouth shut).

Sorry your parade got rained on, OP. Enjoy your GT350!
Everyone on this forum should take that to heart and practice it.

OP
OP

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
I had my factory resonators cut off at 1 week of original owner new ownership.
The GT350 resonators are quite small, and you can see the factory X-Pipe just in front of the resonators:

IMG_4052.JPG

Resonator removal:

IMG_4053.JPG

Equivalent diameter stainless pipe replacement:

IMG_4054.JPG

Do this, and you have the factory "R" exhaust which sounds like this from the outside:

ZR1 hunting in a GT350R Pure beautiful noise! (youtube.com)

Here is another link which includes before and after resonator deletes:

Bing Videos
I'll have to put it up on jacks and look. I just can't recall honestly.

can any muffler shop do that or is something specific needed? my buddy has an exhaust shop he recommended but it's not a performance shop or anything. just run of mill mom/pop type place

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'll have to put it up on jacks and look. I just can't recall honestly.

can any muffler shop do that or is something specific needed? my buddy has an exhaust shop he recommended but it's not a performance shop or anything. just run of mill mom/pop type place
A good, reputable exhaust shop can do it. The one I took mine to does exhaust work on anything from Honda Accords to custom hot rods. Just make sure they disconnect the active exhaust harnesses before cutting (if the cut it on the car, some will take the whole exhaust system down and cut). The wires can rub and get frayed pretty easily which will then lead them to short out.
Sponsored