BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
Also the PP comes w/ the Torsen 3.73 rear end vs. 3.55 on non-PP. They say the radiator is larger, although I can't tell by looking at it. I would prefer to stay w/ the 3.55 for slightly better mileage and lengthening out the gears a little, since it's not going to track (well, maybe once or twice!) but the price to change it back to a 3.55 will buy me a lots of gas, so not to hard to make the non-decision. Supposed to be a stronger anti-roll bar in back, not sure which one.
The gauges and the fish-scale dash panels are the visual badging to tell you it's a PP car. They add a really nice touch IMHO. So if you boost it and put a custom tuner on it, you can change out the gauge holes w/ custom gauges.
I think the biggest upgrade for the PP is the brake package if you're gonna track it or drive like a maniac on the road. Those brakes are incredible, a little grabby when cold, but you'll have no problem stopping that car at almost any speed.
Okay based on your discription and visual cues i think its equiped with the performance package. It had everything you told me from what i could see in the pics.
Sponsored

1stBluesCup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '07 Miata MX-5, 2006 Tundra SR5
Okay based on your discription and visual cues i think its equiped with the performance package. It had everything you told me from what i could see in the pics.
Can you post a link if it's for sale online? cargurus etc?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Be careful....(when buying used)

Owners of Non-PP S550’s can buy and install the PP center dash appliqué and the 2 gauges.

So if the car has the center dash appliqué with only (2) HVAC vents and the (2) gauges between those vents, it won’t always confirm it’s a true PP equipped GT or EB. This applies to all 2015-current.

To truly confirm a used Performance Pack S550 (GT or EB) being sold from a Ford Dealership, you would have to ask the Dealership to run the VIN through Ford OASIS (or them being Ford should have access to produce the original Window Sticker).

If it’s a private sale or non-Ford Dealer:
1) You can run the VIN through one of those online sites that produces the original window sticker.
2) You can run the VIN through Ford ETIS to get the As Built data.

The window sticker or having access to the As Built data is the only way to confirm the car was truly built with Performance Pack equipment (option package).

This also is true for used S550’s:
Other PP parts can easily have been added to a non-PP S550 (brake calipers, wheels etc). So if you’re really wanting a PP equipped GT or EB, get the window sticker or As Built data to confirm what you are paying for IS a genuine PP.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
So if you boost it and put a custom tuner on it, you can change out the gauge holes w/ custom gauges.
The ecoboost PP gauges include a factory boost gauge and is plug n play into a GT and everything works just like factory, including the my color feature.

Be careful....(when buying used)

Owners of Non-PP S550’s can buy and install the PP center dash appliqué and the 2 gauges.

So if the car has the center dash appliqué with only (2) HVAC vents and the (2) gauges between those vents, it won’t always confirm it’s a true PP equipped GT or EB. This applies to all 2015-current.
You are absolutely correct. There is a member on here who has a 17 GT vert with an auto and he converted his to a PP car because Ford did not build an auto vert PP1 car in 17.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Mishimoto coolant tank.
yNLlGp4RGU0FGOZuGWrmKKvGQcCJFmjZYEuHFDvSqN-OWuj0y0D7mWdqByGtKGNwvUs5-Ug1TUNzu5CYY=w1419-h1064-no.jpg

Sponsored

Owltown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT PP1,
the water tank has changed on the 2019 PP1 to a gray plastic tank

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
Pretty sure the rear differential is iron on the PP and aluminum on all the others.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I have a '15 GT PP car - biggest noticeable differences are the front brembo brakes (which stop the car great) and heavier suspension. I drove a non-PP before I purchased mine and I hated the suspension - way too soft. For me, I wouldn't buy a non-PP car.

Daveknight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So I've a 15 gt premium with performance pack, and I need to replace the rear brake calipers.... Are they the same size as regular GT? The dealerships wouldn't tell me without 2 set of vins.....

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
So I've a 15 gt premium with performance pack, and I need to replace the rear brake calipers.... Are they the same size as regular GT? The dealerships wouldn't tell me without 2 set of vins.....
I believe all the rear calipers are the same.

You can get them at VatoZone for $90.00 Then hit them with some hi-temp clear coat before you install them, so they look good longer.

Sponsored

Daveknight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I believe all the rear calipers are the same.

You can get them at VatoZone for $90.00 Then hit them with some hi-temp clear coat before you install them, so they look good longer.
I found a pair on Amazon just wanted to check first before I order...

RookieDDZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Hey Rook, can you tell me about that site?

Are those supposed to be actual, OEM parts? The prices there seem a bit too good to be true.
Everything I've ever ordered from Tasca has been OEM

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Everything I've ever ordered from Tasca has been OEM
Performance Pack front rotors for $112.00 a piece????

I hope you're correct, but that seems absurdly cheap.
Sponsored