Paranoia is setting in!

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I am reading all of these a/c problems where the dash has to be removed, and I am paranoid because I don't want a brand new car which has already been taken apart. From looking at the posts many of them are 15 eb premiums most all are 15s I have a 16 gt and it was built in October 2015. Should I be so concerned? My ac is fine right now, does anyone with a 16 gt have a bad ac component?
Sponsored

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
I would make a poll but don't know how. We need a poll...

Eric R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 6MT
I wouldn't worry about it.. while mine went out and it was a bit hot...they provided me a ecoboost F150 to drive around while they fix it... if they mess up the car repairing the core then they will have to fix it as it came from the factory.. so nothing really to worry about.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't worry about it.. while mine went out and it was a bit hot...they provided me a ecoboost F150 to drive around while they fix it... if they mess up the car repairing the core then they will have to fix it as it came from the factory.. so nothing really to worry about.
Im more worried about getting to 36k miles which will come in 2 years and have it go out.

PhillMcKraken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Dont worry about it. These forums ALWAYS collect all the issues and it makes it look worse than it is. How many hundreds of thousands of S550s are out there now? And how many reports here on the forum do we have? Not even 1/10th of a percent.

Sponsored

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
Dont worry about it. These forums ALWAYS collect all the issues and it makes it look worse than it is. How many hundreds of thousands of S550s are out there now? And how many reports here on the forum do we have? Not even 1/10th of a percent.
I hope your right it just seems odd that the parts are backordered.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I have a 2016 EB built in September 2015. You're definitely at risk.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2016 EB built in September 2015. You're definitely at risk.
Im curious if there are different evap cores between premiums and base due to manual ac vs temp control. Also if ecoboost and v8 are different.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Im curious if there are different evap cores between premiums and base due to manual ac vs temp control. Also if ecoboost and v8 are different.
There seem to be different part numbers (all start with FR3Z-19850-) for dual or single zone climate or engine size. But the failure point (temperature probe insert point) is a common design flaw across the entire range, and even other Ford vehicles.

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
There seem to be different part numbers (all start with FR3Z-19850-) for dual or single zone climate or engine size. But the failure point (temperature probe insert point) is a common design flaw across the entire range, and even other Ford vehicles.
So its a temperature probe thats threaded into core itself, could some have been cross threaded or something? Is there a picture of this thing?

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Tasteā„¢
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
So its a temperature probe thats threaded into core itself, could some have been cross threaded or something? Is there a picture of this thing?
I doubt it's a cross thread with the scale of this problem, especially spanning other vehicles. I don't have a picture, just going off a report from the technician. You can read the details in this thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64509

OP
OP
seth21w

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
I doubt it's a cross thread with the scale of this problem, especially spanning other vehicles. I don't have a picture, just going off a report from the technician. You can read the details in this thread:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64509
I have only seen one report on here of a base evap core leak i believe most are premiums so my fingers are crossed and hopefully if mine does go out its before 36k miles this is rediculous! My 06 gt i traded in had the original freon.:mad:

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
Exactly.

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
My AC just wen out tonight, turned it off to talk on the phone then went to turn it back on and nothing happens. My car is a base Gt
Sponsored