Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Sucks. I see a dash cam in your future.
That's an interesting idea. Hit and run's are something I'm paranoid of. How would a dash cam help in his situation? Rolling back the tape to possibly catch the cars plate?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
That's an interesting idea. Hit and run's are something I'm paranoid of. How would a dash cam help in his situation? Rolling back the tape to possibly catch the cars plate?
Get a front and rear dash cam and yeah, chances are you would have caught the guy's plate.

I used to have mine connected to the car battery (via fuse) so it would continue running after the car was off (until the battery dropped below a certain voltage). I've since moved to a separate battery pack that powers the cams.

Here is my setup and install:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20968

jester1x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost - Base, Oxford White, 6MT
The bright side is that it could have been even much worse damage. My guess is about $2000 worth of damage for labor and paint.

I always mind other folks vehicles whether it is a 1980 beater or a brand new 2016 model. Cannot place a dollar value on a vehicle that works no matter the condition. Plus, it may be the sole vehicle that person relies upon to get around town.

People's attitudes (of all ages) nowadays really stink. I bet the other driver would have been outraged and enraged if this damage had been sustained by his/her vehicle. My motto...never hold people to a higher standard than you are willing to live up to yourself.

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
That looks painful. Glad you were able to get the guy. Hate thinking about people getting away with stuff like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
The bright side is that it could have been even much worse damage. My guess is about $2000 worth of damage for labor and paint.

I always mind other folks vehicles whether it is a 1980 beater or a brand new 2016 model. Cannot place a dollar value on a vehicle that works no matter the condition. Plus, it may be the sole vehicle that person relies upon to get around town.

People's attitudes (of all ages) nowadays really stink. I bet the other driver would have been outraged and enraged if this damage had been sustained by his/her vehicle. My motto...never hold people to a higher standard than you are willing to live up to yourself.

My guess was 1200 , I was surprised that my estimate was $855

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Today's parking ....
park.jpg

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Today's parking ....
you should really try for corner spots instead of being out in the open like that. sometimes people will park next to you just to be assholes, or because they're fucking idiots that can't think for themselves.

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
you should really try for corner spots instead of being out in the open like that. sometimes people will park next to you just to be assholes, or because they're fucking idiots that can't think for themselves.
The corner spot is taken right now by a black Hellcat Challenger :) .

The other corners fill up and I would still have people close

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
I park in a small lot for work. Everyone loves cars here too. Then my car goes home after being driven 14 miles to sit in its garage. It comes out only for the next morning or a night cruise with the girlfriend. Otherwise it stays inside if we run errands. You can say but you bought it to drive blah blah blah I like my car staying nice.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Pricks should be drawn and quartered.
Nah... just send them to play Frogger at the next Mustang Week. An appropriate punishment, I think.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Yes, sadly that will never stop. :headbonk:

dbasql

http://djdenverb.com
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Roush 2016 RS3
What an asshole
You should be able to sledge hammer his car.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
I park way far away, yeah, for safety, but the long walk up on that ass end from across the parking lot really gets my Levis in a bind. mmmm.
Sponsored