Sponsored

ordered.. maybe???

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
I ordered my car on saturday the 14th, the dealer said they put the orders in on wednesday so it should have been put in on the 19th but I still can't get a DORA from them I keep getting the run around that the guy who puts the orders in will have it so I contact him and he says the salesman will get it to me. Should there be any good reason that they can't get me this number yet?
Sponsored

Ski3143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP/50th/DIB
You're in better shape than me. I ordered Jan 12th and still have no information. No VIN, no DORA, and just a vague "Later this month" date provided on like the 10th of February.

OP
OP
gtlaw

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
I just got off the phone with the salesman he gave me the numbers

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I got a DORA fairly quickly...but I wanted to know the total amount that I was going to pay: X-Plan+state sales tax+state license+doc fees+admin fees, etc. The GM stated that they couldn't determine the final price until a VIN# was generated. That took 7 weeks after my order was placed!
What other business won't/can't tell you the exact amount of your purchase from the get-go (especially when you are willing to pay them $40,000-$50,000)?

OP
OP
gtlaw

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
I was given a price before I ordered. I'm getting a base gtpp with recaros for $34,9xx about $2,300 off using x-plan plus there will be about $1500 of rebates but those will be determined when I finally take delivery of the vehicle

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
You're in better shape than me. I ordered Jan 12th and still have no information. No VIN, no DORA, and just a vague "Later this month" date provided on like the 10th of February.
You need to find another dealer as that is all crap.

You should have your DORA in 24hrs, 48hrs tops. Have you made sure they have an allocation for your order? Sounds like to me they don't. No allocation for your order and you don't get a car. Just FYI.

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I haven't gotten my dora and was told that once I had a VIN they would provide it. (I only got my VIN today so I don't know if they will now make good on that.) The Ford ordering system has all the pricing on it so if you're using a letter plan they know the price before they submit it. It will have two columns, one for retail and the other for invoice and then at the end the totals with A/Z, D, and X plan pricing.
That sheet will also have the order number and the dealer code so you can look it up in cotus. However, some dealers (like mine) will use the same order number on numerous orders so cotus can be flaky. I went a little while where it would say that no matching order was found, but Rachel confirmed that was just the systems default response when multiples of the same order are found.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I haven't gotten my dora and was told that once I had a VIN they would provide it. (I only got my VIN today so I don't know if they will now make good on that.)
That stinks. They lied :). Most folks get their DORA in 24-48hrs.

Congrats on getting the VIN today. I was beyond excited when my VIN populated :). The end is getting closer:ford:

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Dealer took my order deposit last Tuesday but I still don't have the order number to track it though. He's a family friend so I'm not worried about it but it would still be nice. I ordered over the phone since the dealer is 100 miles away. Paying $32,700 not including any incentives yet on the car in my sig (likely $1000 ford incentive next month, first time buyers, and recent college grad according to him).

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I had a DORA and what amounted to a purchase agreement (less incentives) in hand when I left the dealership the day I ordered.

All I have to do now is show up when the car arrives and write a check.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Dealer took my order deposit last Tuesday but I still don't have the order number to track it though. He's a family friend so I'm not worried about it but it would still be nice. I ordered over the phone since the dealer is 100 miles away. Paying $32,700 not including any incentives yet on the car in my sig (likely $1000 ford incentive next month, first time buyers, and recent college grad according to him).
Hey BigEasyGT,

How exciting! Is this your first new Pony? Let me know which dealer you ordered through. I'll do some digging on my end. :)

Jeff :ford:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I just talked to my dealer again, there is a $500 'AutoShow' Cash Incentive for the month of March. If my convertible (Build 02/10, in 'hold' ever since) doesn't arrive until April, an extra $500 in incentives would be a nice 'sorry for the wait' present.

OP
OP
gtlaw

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
I got $750 for my wifes volvo lease

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hey BigEasyGT,

How exciting! Is this your first new Pony? Let me know which dealer you ordered through. I'll do some digging on my end. :)

Jeff :ford:
Sent you a PM.
Sponsored