Sponsored

Oil on spark plug?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I recently had the spark plugs changed out on my whippled 18 gt and noticed one of the plugs had more oil on the threads than the rest of the plugs. Car seems to run fine I changed the plugs just because I wanted to see how they were doing. I think the gap on the plugs seems to have gotten smaller than they were originally gapped to, Seems like they went from .028 to about .022 on average, and this one plug seemed to have more oil than the rest. Wonder if I should be concerned? No negative symptoms but I just dont like seeing one plug looking a bit different from the rest.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
oil on threads is not a concern now oil in combustion chamber that's a problem

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The valve cover the driver's side of my engine has been leaking oil into the plug well for some time, due to the design. I have the updated aluminum GT500 valve covers ready to go on the car, but I haven't had time to install. In any case, I replaced my plugs a few weeks ago, and the driver's rearmost plug was covered in oil, but only because it had been sitting in the plug well. The massive white cloud on first start was loads of fun for my neighbors.

JR
Sponsored