Sponsored

Oil leak from driver’s side?

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Hey guys,

just got back from a track event. Noticed oil drips/stains in my driveway that lead to the garage. A small oil puddle had formed by the front driver’s wheel. I checked the oil plug and oil filter. No leaks coming from there. The whole wheel well is covered in a layer of oil. I’m assuming I sprung a leak in an oil line. The driver’s side cooler...is that an oil cooler or transmission cooler? It seems like the leak originated from there. Going to take it to the dealer. FYI, mine is a MY ‘18, so I assume it wasn’t affected by the recall.
Sponsored

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Thanks Galaxy. Anyone else experience this issue? I wonder if it’s a connector or a puncture...

Sponsored

OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
I don’t think it’s the sensor. The area around/above the oil filter is clean. This seems to be coming from somewhere in front of the front-driver side wheel

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Easiest way to find out for certain is to put the front of the car on jackstands, remove the driver’s side front wheel, start the engine, and get underneath the car with a flashlight. That’s how I found the leaking oil pressure sensor on my car.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I had a similar problem (drips on floor near both front wheels) with mine. I thought it would be the sensor leak issue, but turned out to be the oil cooler sandwich above the filter was leaking. They replaced it and it seems all OK now. They even cleaned off the underside of the car, which was totally covered once they removed the belly pan. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP

REDLINE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z51 Stingray
Welp. Dealer confirmed the leak is from the oil cooler. He didn’t specify where or cause of the leak. Just said they’ve ordered a new oil cooler.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Welp. Dealer confirmed the leak is from the oil cooler. He didn’t specify where or cause of the leak. Just said they’ve ordered a new oil cooler.
Thanks! Good luck w the repair.
Sponsored