Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Hey all,

Was thinking of registering for Oct 22ish for the 1 day but am having reservations. I have NEVER driven on a track ever or done any racing of any kind, of course drove like an idiot when young , but 20 odd years of the 9-5 slog and kids has dulled me down. Will a novice ruin the experience for others on the track or is there enough room for all to have fun?

Any advice is appreciated..
As others of said, listen and work in your comfort zone. I was in the same situation as you when I went, and I was definitely nervous at first but I became comfortable quite quickly. These cars inspire confidence, however just keep yourself level and don't get too carried away. You will have a blast and learn alot
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey all,

Was thinking of registering for Oct 22ish for the 1 day but am having reservations. I have NEVER driven on a track ever or done any racing of any kind, of course drove like an idiot when young , but 20 odd years of the 9-5 slog and kids has dulled me down. Will a novice ruin the experience for others on the track or is there enough room for all to have fun?

Any advice is appreciated..
Hey [MENTION=23475]KevDog[/MENTION],

Did you sign up for the 22nd? I'm at the same track driving level as you... When I signed up, I learned we only have 12 months from delivery to take the course for free and I think they're wrapping up for the year in October.

Everyone else, thanks for posting all the info from your experiences, can't wait to get there:cheers:

KevDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2004 F150 FX4
All one day sessions are full up !!! Guess I left it too late, you snooze you lose...

They have 2 day sessions left 24-27, but I will have to think about it...

They don't start up again until Apr and that is over the 12 month period for me.

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
All one day sessions are full up !!! Guess I left it too late, you snooze you lose...

They have 2 day sessions left 24-27, but I will have to think about it...

They don't start up again until Apr and that is over the 12 month period for me.
I've never been on a track before and almost didn't do the track attack. Let me just say that I am so glad I did it! The instructors were awesome, and I had a blast! My only "complaint" was I would have liked more track time. I only did the one day as I wanted to minimize the time away. And honestly, you aren't going to miss anything if you aren't there for the dinner the night before. As long as you are there the morning of by 7:30/7:45, you're good. If you don't want to pay for the 2nd day in the Boss, you could always cross your fingers and call them as soon as next year's schedule comes out and beg them to let you in even though it's passed the 12 months. I wouldn't count on it though, but worth a shot. One other recommendation I have is, if you aren't skilled on the track, take advantage of the instructors! They ride with you for your first lap or 2, then they just hang out on pit road. You can pit and ask them to ride with you again. They are so good at giving you pointers and helping with your lines on the track. We had Tyler, Michael, Donny, and Shawn and they were all awesome, easy to talk to, and great teachers!

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've never been on a track before and almost didn't do the track attack. Let me just say that I am so glad I did it! The instructors were awesome, and I had a blast! My only "complaint" was I would have liked more track time. I only did the one day as I wanted to minimize the time away. And honestly, you aren't going to miss anything if you aren't there for the dinner the night before. As long as you are there the morning of by 7:30/7:45, you're good. If you don't want to pay for the 2nd day in the Boss, you could always cross your fingers and call them as soon as next year's schedule comes out and beg them to let you in even though it's passed the 12 months. I wouldn't count on it though, but worth a shot. One other recommendation I have is, if you aren't skilled on the track, take advantage of the instructors! They ride with you for your first lap or 2, then they just hang out on pit road. You can pit and ask them to ride with you again. They are so good at giving you pointers and helping with your lines on the track. We had Tyler, Michael, Donny, and Shawn and they were all awesome, easy to talk to, and great teachers!
Problem is, you're going to have all the guys that have bought their car over the winter that are going to be chomping at the bit to get on the track.. so it's going to be in high demand.

Sponsored

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
No doubt, but if he doesn't want to pay to do the 2nd day, then that's his only hope of doing it. Worth a shot. Worst they'll say is no.

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Awesome day guys! Great meeting you McGraw and Kobra...safe travels home!

For those who haven't attended, great instructors! Take advantage of this event if you can, allows the average person to exploit the virtues of the car that you will never come close to on a public highway...

Thanks Ford Performance!

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Heading out this Sunday for Monday event and second day on Tuesday. Bringing a buddy who also bought a 350. Hope to see some of you there. :cheers:

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Edited the spreadsheet and added us [MENTION=25700]VOODOO 6G[/MENTION] [MENTION=18766]MaxWW[/MENTION]

Sponsored

mcgraw

Semper Fi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thanks, Do let me know how it went..
I'll put together a detailed write up for fun, but I'll sum it up with... what an experience!

I noticed that you mentioned that the 1-day experience was full. If you can swing the 2-day, I'd highly recommend it. Getting that second day on the track will be an extremely valuable way to connect what you've learned on the first day. It's important to note that you don't just start the day at 100%. It's a super gradual experience led with class, a basic orientation lap around the track, focused exercises that let you experience handling/control, and then all track time with micro class sessions to talk about things.

Overall, it was just as people mentioned. My lack of track time wasn't an issue. Didn't have an issue pushing that car & maintaining control of it. Almost 80% of those in our class never touched a track. *All* of the instructors I dealt with directly were super chill/cool about everything. Never pressed you to do anything, but rather gave tips/corrections/advice. They stress, "Challenge by request," meaning they want you to ask them for more critical advice... if you choose.

I even killed the car once, taking off during heel/toe. Instructor had a good laugh and told my wife, "there's always one." :D

Okgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R 2012 Boss Mustang
I would recommend the staying in Tooele. About ten minutes from the track. Great little town. We stayed at holiday inn express.

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I would recommend the staying in Tooele. About ten minutes from the track. Great little town. We stayed at holiday inn express.
Thanks for the info. I've gotta get something booked.... It's getting close and I should have already had it all handled.