OEM Ford TPMS Toque Spec ?

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Does anyone know the torques spec for the Ford OEM TPMS? I have been told it is 40 in lbs for the non R alum wheels, but have never confirmed this. Anyone have access to a manual know the real answer?

Is the spec any different on the non R aluminum wheels vs the CF wheels?

Thanks for any feedback. I am installing my new VIBE forged wheels and have Ford sensors to mount. :like:
Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Does anyone know the torques spec for the Ford OEM TPMS? I have been told it is 40 in lbs for the non R alum wheels, but have never confirmed this. Anyone have access to a manual know the real answer?

Is the spec any different on the non R aluminum wheels vs the CF wheels?

Thanks for any feedback. I am installing my new VIBE forged wheels and have Ford sensors to mount. :like:
From the '16 Helm:
  1. Position the new valve stem onto the TPMS sensor and install the new screw.
    Torque : 13 lb.in (1.5 Nm)
Here's the entire section:

Attachments

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
From the '16 Helm:
  1. Position the new valve stem onto the TPMS sensor and install the new screw.
    Torque : 13 lb.in (1.5 Nm)
Here's the entire section:
Thanks for the detailed feedback and doc, but that must not be the 350 TPMS. Or the R TPMS is different than the non R. You doc shows a traditional rubber stem which is pulled thru the rim until it pops or seats. My sensors have a threaded metal barrel stem and do not separate from the sensor. The stem is a threaded section with 2 o-rings for either side of the hole in the rim. Am looking for the torque spec for tightening the sensor assembly nut onto the rim. I know you want it tight but you can over tighten o-rings. Thanks.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Thanks for the detailed feedback and doc, but that must not be the 350 TPMS. Or the R TPMS is different than the non R. You doc shows a traditional rubber stem which is pulled thru the rim until it pops or seats. My sensors have a threaded metal barrel stem and do not separate from the sensor. The stem is a threaded section with 2 o-rings for either side of the hole in the rim. Am looking for the torque spec for tightening the sensor assembly nut onto the rim. I know you want it tight but you can over tighten o-rings. Thanks.
Humm, I”ll do some more digging tonight and post if I find anything different, if someone else doesn’t post first.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey @tdzee , I went digging through the Helm last night and couldn’t firnd further info on the removal/install of the TPMS sensors. This part of the manual was unique in that throughout much of the other sections, info is broken down by the sub model (Ecoboost, Vert, PP...) or engine but the TPMS section was not...
Good luck!

Sponsored

OP
OP

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Tank

Thx so much for looking. I guess I will go with 40 inch pounds for now. That's what Ford said was the spec for the non R. They could not find a spec for the CF wheels. The very first day I drove my R, a tire went flat. (Puzzled how I made it the 5 miles home from the dealer.) Determined that the valve stem was never torqued and the nut fell off in my hands. Was on the interstate and luckily saw the pressure warning and pulled over before tire or CF wheel damage. Ford dealer was just a half mile away. Was my lucky day :sun: When they checked the other 3, each took a full half turn just to get to 40 inch pounds. :shock: Was not a happy fella that day, but I can say the close by Ford dealer (not where I bought it), jumped right on ahead of other waiting customers that Monday morning at 8AM. Actually, was kinda comical as they fought with each other to drive it 30 feet into the shop and then to work on it. Was like a NASCAR team as everyone wanted to do it.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Tank

Thx so much for looking. I guess I will go with 40 inch pounds for now. That's what Ford said was the spec for the non R. They could not find a spec for the CF wheels. The very first day I drove my R, a tire went flat. (Puzzled how I made it the 5 miles home from the dealer.) Determined that the valve stem was never torqued and the nut fell off in my hands. Was on the interstate and luckily saw the pressure warning and pulled over before tire or CF wheel damage. Ford dealer was just a half mile away. Was my lucky day :sun: When they checked the other 3, each took a full half turn just to get to 40 inch pounds. :shock: Was not a happy fella that day, but I can say the close by Ford dealer (not where I bought it), jumped right on ahead of other waiting customers that Monday morning at 8AM. Actually, was kinda comical as they fought with each other to drive it 30 feet into the shop and then to work on it. Was like a NASCAR team as everyone wanted to do it.

Thanks again. :thumbsup:
You're welcome Tom. Congrats on the R and here's to endless miles of trouble-free TPMS sensors :beer:
Sponsored