Sponsored

Not to scare you guys

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe it's her time of the month & she needs a pad ??
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
its all about how the engine is balanced, some engine like the BMW inline6s does not have primary and secondary vibration issues by design, when you rev sky high the engine is still smooth as silk. on flip side go drive a 370z and the v6 engine will start to shake like no tomorrow from 5000rpm and on. and I couldn't believe it is even legal to sell cars with that engine to general public to be honest.

most v8s are CPC and are by design more balanced than FPC especially at high revs.
No I understand engine architecture, I just don't understand where you guys are feeling the extreme NVH from in the rev range, etc.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
subscribing...

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Oh boy. I have a thread about oil filter torque (assuming it's that).

What I can't figure out is - how are people NOT feeling the additional vibrations?

Lope at idle of a GT cross plane does not equal 5000rpm of a flatplane. Don't get me wrong I love this car and bought it for the drivetrain. Ford is really confident and walking in thin ice releasing a 5.2L engine like this. I'd be more comfortable at 5L with less stroke. But I love it anyway haha

Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Op,

Just get it on ramps or jack stands and see whats underneath. If it were a simple torquing of the oil filter housing or gasket, it would have shown in 7100 miles (assuming you didnt change oil recently).

Honestly if you did nothing to the car mechanically and out of the blue after 7100 miles you see that much oil, thats not going to be good:(

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
[MENTION=17954]tonio[/MENTION] - Please make sure they show you what they find wrong - not just give you a "it's fixed, have a nice day".

I picked up my R today and I had along chat with the lead tech who was doing the PDI - I think it's understood/expected that I'd want to be there if he ever had to service my car. This guy was good but I have a general distrust of service centers and I'm OCD.

hal_farthead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT350 - Tech pkg
Thanks for the heads up tonio. Please let us know what you find out.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Oh boy. I have a thread about oil filter torque (assuming it's that).

What I can't figure out is - how are people NOT feeling the additional vibrations?
Right! My rear view mirror is useless at most rpm ranges.

This is a good reminder to check the oil filter more often than not. Hope everything is ok with tonio's car.

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
IMG_9509.JPG
IMG_9508.JPG
IMG_9503.JPG
IMG_9485.JPG
IMG_9512.JPG
Brake lines.jpg
Brakes.jpg
IMG_2981.JPG
I picked up my R today and I had along chat with the lead tech who was doing the PDI - I think it's understood/expected that I'd want to be there if he ever had to service my car. This guy was good but I have a general distrust of service centers and I'm OCD.
You don't have to be OCD to have a general distrust of service centers. I just had new tires put on my wife's 328xi last week. I specifically asked them before I drove away, "You put 32/36 PSI in the tires, correct?" "Yes, sir" was the reply. So I went home and checked the tire pressures, like I always do:
LR: 36 PSI. OK.
RR: 36 PSI. OK.
LF: 32 PSI. OK.
RF: 50 PSI. :frusty:

Called the manager and told him the tech that did this was either incompetent or is intentionally trying to lose the shop money by blowing tires that are covered under their "road hazard" policy. Those tires are rated for only 45 PSI max. How many people do you think actually check their tire pressures the day they leave the service center? :paddle:
IMG_2979.JPG

Wheel.jpg

Last edited:

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
Unfortunately in my experience, the old saying about if you want something done right; do it yourself, rings true more often than not.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Just jack it up and take a look under the car. If your mechanically inclined I'm sure you can find the issue.
Sponsored