Sponsored

Not to scare you guys

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
But this is what I woke up to this morning..

Been out of town the past week, came back and drove it yesterday no issues. Maybe some minor idle hiccups before but nothing out of the norm.

7100 miles, I don't baby it but no track days or anything. Track pack and outside temps were maybe in the 80s yesterday. Didn't look at oil pressure since I only went to the gym and came right back.

That said this didn't happen until it was parked and sitting in the garage. The whole time I drove yesterday no issues and I walked the street looking for oil that might've dripped and there was none. Seems like it was all at once. Waiting on the tow truck now and I will wait to hear from the dealership.
image.jpeg
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'd imagine filter or line to cooler.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Oh no, hopefully you can fix it. Engine should still be fine as long as it is a loose line/filter. Does this engine have an oil sensor? Check that too.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
looks like its from the oil filter side
maybe a loose filter

Sponsored

OP
OP

tonio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I hope, I had the oil changed a couple of months ago and having it towed back to the dealer that did that work.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
said from day 1 this engine has a pretty high NVH, put your hand on the shiftier you will know what I mean.

the stock torque of 17 lb-ft is not enough, even from the factory you can tell they over torque the filter, impossible to remove by hand and you will need a tool to get the filter off.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
99% sure it is a loose filter. usually the lines are pretty secure.

I hope, I had the oil changed a couple of months ago and having it towed back to the dealer that did that work.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Well, this is not the morning coffee I was hoping to see.

Best of luck and keep us posted with the details.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yeah I hope it works out that it's just a loose oil filter. Best of luck as well!

The NVH of the GT350 is off the charts... I think it's important for everyone to periodically check the engine bay and underneath. I recall late last year my power connector in the fuse box was loose and the car would sometimes have zero juice... a loose nut was the culprit.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I still don't get the NVH stuff. My Coyote car ran rougher. Not that I don't believe NVH challenges exist but I haven't seen the extremes as some of you other folks have felt/seen.

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
its all about how the engine is balanced, some engine like the BMW inline6s does not have primary and secondary vibration issues by design, when you rev sky high the engine is still smooth as silk. on flip side go drive a 370z and the v6 engine will start to shake like no tomorrow from 5000rpm and on. and I couldn't believe it is even legal to sell cars with that engine to general public to be honest.

most v8s are CPC and are by design more balanced than FPC especially at high revs.

I still don't get the NVH stuff. My Coyote car ran rougher. Not that I don't believe NVH challenges exist but I haven't seen the extremes as some of you other folks have felt/seen.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I had a oil cooler line loose from the factory and a loose oil filter which made a mess as well.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Yeah my DD before... my ex Infiniti G37's vibration at high rpm's was a like buzzin beyotche. Glad I got out of that lease swiftly.
Sponsored