Sponsored

No more GT350 after 2018??? Get one while you can.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think, long term, it will matter how the GT500 does, the 350 will be a great car long term....look at it...and that NA engine. How many cars have a FPC manual NA!
I leaning this way as well. I think the thing the GT350 has going for it is that it has probably the last NA American high horse power (>500HP) engine to be produced. Also not to mention the exhaust sound.... no V8 sounds as good as the 5.2L FPC in my opinion.
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
...car wouldn’t have magnaride and huge brakes to be a street cruiser strip car. Makes no sense...
Precisely. It's gonna be a fatty though that much is for sure.

My guess would be it will still run quicker lap times at any number of tracks. For how long will be the interesting part to see.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I don’t think, long term, it will matter how the GT500 does, the 350 will be a great car long term....look at it...and that NA engine. How many cars have a FPC manual NA!

As with the GT500.
That car wouldn’t have magnaride and huge brakes to be a street cruiser strip car. Makes no sense, plus ford won’t be jumping ship with the track scene. It will be a track car, I have a good feeling.
If they don't have a track setting with 700 plus that speaks to a cruiser. Which is the traditional mustang market. Also moving up to 20 inch wheels doesn't really scream track car

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I look at it as the 911 Turbo S vs the GT3. The Turbo S is insanely fast, can do anything but the GT3 is the one that excites purists.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
If they don't have a track setting with 700 plus that speaks to a cruiser. Which is the traditional mustang market. Also moving up to 20 inch wheels doesn't really scream track car
I'm not sure how accurate the whole "no track mode" thing is... They say that it's being substituted for Drag mode, but if the 2018 GT has street, sport, track, AND drag mode, why couldn't the GT500?

As for the 20" wheels, it will likely be purely out of necessity to fit over the brakes. Plenty of supercars have 20" wheels, there's no reason that should designate it as not a track car

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
I'm not sure how accurate the whole "no track mode" thing is... They say that it's being substituted for Drag mode, but if the 2018 GT has street, sport, track, AND drag mode, why couldn't the GT500?

As for the 20" wheels, it will likely be purely out of necessity to fit over the brakes. Plenty of supercars have 20" wheels, there's no reason that should designate it as not a track car
literally no reason they couldn't have a unique track mode for every major road course in America if they wished. Silly waste of resources, but quite easy from a hardware standpoint. To claim they can only have X number is... pretty lol.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
With all the goodies and proposed carbon ceramic brakes.
this car is going to be pricey.
Agreed. And then we can assume that quality and fit and finish won’t change with that increased price. For the Mustang die hards, this won’t be an issue.

I am much more intrigued with the new C8 CAD leaks. I would spend extra coin on a ME Vette.

Sponsored

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Aston Martin Vantage
Just came across again the same Orange Fury/Black Roof car that was discussed about a month ago on this forum.

I questioned the selling price of the car at the time and must admit that I stand corrected on the selling price for this brand new GT350 with only 10 miles on the odometer.

Hard to believe that this car is still for sale at $4,721 below MSRP and was a steal before this most recent news and suggest that someone jump on this car real soon.

MSRP is $62,235 and selling price is $57,514 and was told the admin fee was only $139.00.
This dealership sent me a official offer for the 57,514. I used it to get the price of my GT350 down to that as my service offered a price match program. So that dealer saved me over $3000. I gave them a huge thanks!!

I am purchasing through Military Autosource.

Front Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP2
For me personally I hope the 2018 GT350 is the last year of production. That will make the 15-18 GT350’s a limited run car with a unique engine that will hopefully translate to collectability somewhere down the road in time. I hope it also contributes to the GT350’s keeping up their value a little bit or another way of saying it is that the deprecation on the GT350 slows.
I agree.

Front Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP2
With all the goodies and proposed carbon ceramic brakes.
this car is going to be pricey.
I agree that the GT500 will probably be pricey. CC brakes are costly. I had them on my 14 Z/28. They stop very very well and stay cool.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
down to 56924... too bad it has the recaro seats.. I need the leather heated/cooled.
Smoking deal for sure. And I thought that OF would be a well sought after color since it's a one-year offering. :shrug:
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 12.18.30 PM.png

17RubyShelbyGT350

First Ford - First Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350-Conven Pkg - 1st Perf Mods Done
Something Wrong With This

I was just on the Chapman website out of curiosity and something smells pretty fishy here. They have 2 2018 GT350's, with nearly identical options, one priced several thousands of dollars over the other one. One in inventory and the OF "deal" in "extended inventory.

Caveat Emptor.
Sponsored