Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
15gt pp, 2jz s14, 7.5 Gti and a Ls430
I'm new to this forum but owned a s550 since 12.26.14
The car has had mods since 750 miles and at 2800 miles now. Has 9 passes down the track with [email protected] being the best. Love the car but find myself looking for more power. Really liking the Twin turbo kit.

Any long term owners? Likes, dislikes any input would be greatly appreciated.
image.jpg
image.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Nice I have old rim the same I was wondering if someone stuffed that tire on there and if it would work

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
Nice I have old rim the same I was wondering if someone stuffed that tire on there and if it would work
It works.. It works well but I would suggest axles..I'm also at stock ride height still.

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Yes I was in the same boat as you going back and forth I went with the Whipple

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
What made u decide on a whipple? I'm trying to keep this car as street friendly as possible with a handful of trips to the track a year. I'm worried about the mt82...

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Street/ strip and being a stick I love the turbo and if I had an auto the turbo would have been my choosing... The Whipple has the best tune with their big t body car drives better than stock and I have the ability to turn it up beyond what the stock motor can handle if I want to... Also the liner TQ curve from 2500 on

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
Street/ strip and being a stick I love the turbo and if I had an auto the turbo would have been my choosing... The Whipple has the best tune with their big t body car drives better than stock and I have the ability to turn it up beyond what the stock motor can handle if I want to... Also the liner TQ curve from 2500 on
What other mods do u have? I'm looking at clutches and a fuel systems but not much out there (fuel wise)other than boost a pump. Not sure if I want to risk my motor on a voltage booster. The more I read about boost the more I'm leaning towards a whipped too honestly. I'm sooooooo tired of buying crap three times over. On a side note I owned a 03 cobra and always wanted a whippe. Nasty how powaaaaa comes on:eyebulge:

Thanx for taking the time

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
You sound just like me a few months ago lol I have the complete Whipple kit. The fuel pump boosters are proven and fine.. the nice thing is if you wanted a return style fuel system the Whipple tune will support it but its not needed in my opinion. I have the entire BMR catalog basically in the rear I NEED RXT clutch and axels:doh:.. The fit and finish off the Whipple is like no other. Also I wanted to be able to return to stock is ever wanted to trade in. With the Whipple kit there is NO cutting or modifying anything unlike other kits.

What other mods do u have? I'm looking at clutches and a fuel systems but not much out there (fuel wise)other than boost a pump. Not sure if I want to risk my motor on a voltage booster. The more I read about boost the more I'm leaning towards a whipped too honestly. I'm sooooooo tired of buying crap three times over. On a side note I owned a 03 cobra and always wanted a whippe. Nasty how powaaaaa comes on:eyebulge:

Thanx for taking the time

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
You sound just like me a few months ago lol I have the complete Whipple kit. The fuel pump boosters are proven and fine.. the nice thing is if you wanted a return style fuel system the Whipple tune will support it but its not needed in my opinion. I have the entire BMR catalog basically in the rear I NEED RXT clutch and axels:doh:.. The fit and finish off the Whipple is like no other. Also I wanted to be able to return to stock is ever wanted to trade in. With the Whipple kit there is NO cutting or modifying anything unlike other kits.
I think this settles it for me on the whipple. I have 1400 axles the drive shaft and mgw shifter aside from the bmr rear as well. Just need a clutch and power.
Does it clear the strut bar?

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I think this settles it for me on the whipple. I have 1400 axles the drive shaft and mgw shifter aside from the bmr rear as well. Just need a clutch and power.
Does it clear the strut bar?
Does not clear the but cross over brace stays in place! the strut tower you will never know its not there unless your in it for the look.:cheers:

OP
OP
Roki187

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
U have id1000? How's the idle?

OP