Sponsored

Neighbors complaining about cold start-ups

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Tell them to contact the local law enforcement regarding noise ordinance. A cop will come out and put a DB sensor behind your car and it wont be anywhere close to the ordinance regulation. You can then tell your neighbor to eat shit.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Switch out the axle back part of the extremes for the Corsa sport axle backs. Either that or just ignore the neighbors. Get everything ready to drive off once you start the car and be gone in 10 secs or less once started.

I have the same exhaust and live in an apartment complex but the community garage is not near the living quarters of the building. I get everything ready to drive off and once ready i start the car and drive off and just let it idle out the garage. It is very freakin loud on cold start ups.

Fishman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic, Ceramic Int. 20" Foundry
Tell your "neighbor" to go F themselves. They moved to a condo/townhouse situation as well and can expect such things. If the car is legal sound wise the complainer can bite your azz. If all you are doing is driving from your place to work in the am and the car is compliant with the law then ignore them.

You want quiet? Go buy an acre in the woods like I did. Otherwise your friendly neighbor can shut their pie hole.

Don't change anything on your car.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Trade up to a gt350 then you can just push a button to change the tone
or get roush active quads.

Switch out the axle back part of the extremes for the Corsa sport axle backs. Either that or just ignore the neighbors. Get everything ready to drive off once you start the car and be gone in 10 secs or less once started.

I have the same exhaust and live in an apartment complex but the community garage is not near the living quarters of the building. I get everything ready to drive off and once ready i start the car and drive off and just let it idle out the garage. It is very freakin loud on cold start ups.
extreme catback and sport ab are same mufflers. it's the touring that's different mufflers

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Noise

I own my condo. I've been there too long apparently. Living in the SF Bay Area and trading up to a detached home isn't as easy as it sounds, when 1000 sq ft spots are selling for $600K, and that's in the cities farthest from San Francisco.

The garage is underground, not a carport setup. Never did I think people would be able to hear my exhaust upstairs coming from a concrete garage.

As far as the comments about being a douche... I think I'm very respectful, and drive my car in 2nd gear slow as f--k.

Oh well.
I wouldn't be surprised if someone is just being difficult because you drive a V-8 instead of a Prius.

Sponsored

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Man sorry to hear about your luck, some people I have learned will complain about anything. I agree a few ways to handle this each have there own pros and cons. I would advise not hitting the bees nest with a huge stick if possible lol But at the same time I wouldn't just take it laying down. If there is no sound ordnance in your area I would tell them nicely to move along. I had a neighbor like this with my car when it had the MBRP Race guy would complain about it waking him up at 5:30 even tho he worked a 7am job and is one of the guys he doesn't mind tearing up and down the roads wide open on a Harley that was twice as loud as my car. Some people will whine to hear themselves lol. After I told him nicely to move along and that I would start complaining every time he started his Harley he kind of moved on.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Don't change a thing. In this day in age we all have to be tolerant on a bunch of BS so now it's your nieghbors turn to be tolerant of you. If you don't want to have to worry about your neighbors buy a house next to a graveyard. I moved next to one 6 years ago and haven't had a complaint yet!

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
Luckily my neighbors either haven't said a word or have commented how they loved my Roush AB on my 14 and now my 15. As long as you are granny shifting and not getting on it leaving your street, I'd tell the neighbors to pound sand.

ktapia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm a douche for getting the Corsa Xtreme and wanting a louder exhaust?

LOL

Get over yourselves.

OP, as many others have stated, because you live in an condo complex it seems there's not much to do but to change out the exhaust because of the noise violations. Good luck.

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Sad to see people's complete lack of respect for their neighbors. I guess society is heading in that direction as a whole. I hope you guys never have to experience loud neighbors and being stuck in an apartment or condo. I've been there and it's not fun. Remember if that loud family moves next to you how you treated your last neighbors and karma is coming back around. People have a right to peace and quiet imo.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Sad to see people's complete lack of respect for their neighbors. I guess society is heading in that direction as a whole. I hope you guys never have to experience loud neighbors and being stuck in an apartment or condo. I've been there and it's not fun. Remember if that loud family moves next to you how you treated your last neighbors and karma is coming back around. People have a right to peace and quiet imo.
same could be said for all the liberal anti-v8 "oh it's loud and burns gas" you killed a tree hippies too.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If there's a sound ordinance within the hoa you would have to change it or park your car somewhere else or move . Honestly when I lived in a apartment I didn't want a loud exhuast your in a area with lots of people. Out of common courtesy I didn't want to have a vehicle that shook the building at 5am . Now that I have a house I could care less. And there's plenty of ways they could retaliate other the criminal like call the cops everytimr you start your car lol

HoustonMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red EcoBoost Premium with 20" wheels...

Agreed...

A nice sounding exhaust is great... but a obnoxiously loud aftermarket exhaust on a everyday driver is just not cool anymore!

:thumbsup:

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
same could be said for all the liberal anti-v8 "oh it's loud and burns gas" you killed a tree hippies too.
If this post and your values on the subject are representative of this site, I fear it is a big part of the problem today. It is a shame to see the complete lack of respect for fellow man. Liberal anti V8 hippies? You need to go find a bag of clue.
Sponsored