My Wife's Black with white stripe GT350

svostang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3
After what seems like forever my awesome wife finally got her dream car, a 2017 at MSRP. No longer needing the standard four door family car since two of our kids now drive themselves around we were finally ready for her turn to have her own . After putting up with my obsession for the last 25 years of owning too many mustangs, getting our son a 03 and letting me get my dream of a Roush Stage 3 last year it was time to start her journey.

We worked with our local salesman/Friend, the plan was to order around November of this year and hopefully take delivery early 2017 when our current lease was up. Except the order went in on June 10th and what seems to be world record time the car got scheduled for build on July 11th and delivered to the dealer on July 28th. Since this was way too early I had to look hard at the numbers since there was also a $5000 ADM attached to the deal. Sadly the dealer came back with a higher finance rate than I expected and payment that was way too high having to also keep the leased car for a while. We signed the paperwork to lock the car down while in transit and take a few days to decide. After some hard discussions we decided to pass and work on the on securing another allocation later in the year.

I was really bummed having to disappoint my wife so I was secretly working with the dealer to try and get a better deal but they would not budge on the ADM and insisted they could not get any better financing, and if we did pass they were raising their ADM back to 10,000 on all 's. So the day before I was officially going to tell them no, it hit me that since we were pre approved with maybe I could find one at MSRP somewhere close by then jump on a cheap flight, drive it home and still come out ahead.

So with help from a friend we hit up cars.com and found over 250 17's somewhat close and hit the phones. We got laughed at from a few for even to dare asking if they were selling at MSRP and prices ranged from 5-20,000. Then I found one 3 hours away in Austin for MSRP, they verified my pre approval and also got the financing rate down almost half what my dealer was pushing. Car was black with convince package that she wanted but with white stripes and she wanted the stripe delete, I told her we could remove them if desired.

So I left a deposit over the phone and we drove down the next morning in my Roush to pick it up and had the best drive ever following each other home. After having it for a few weeks the stripes are now staying on as it totally makes the car stand out. Called my dealer and told them I wasn't taking the car and it's still sitting in the showroom with a 10k ADM. Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share our story, nothing makes me happier than seeing my wife smile everyday driving her car.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
Sponsored

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
Congratulations! Beautiful color combo!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's a great story. Congrats!

Sponsored

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
Wow, that colour combo is great. Awesome car, I'm hoping my wife loves hers as much. I placed the order June 17 and won't see the car for another month ! I originally ordered it black with white stripes but changed it to magnetic with black stripes. I have been 100% confident until I saw these pictures. The black and white looks amazing. Congrats

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Your wife has great taste! Glad she kept the stripes. It's not a Shelby without them IMHO.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nice stable of ponies

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Great story and beautiful car! I agree that the stripes make a Shelby. :cheers:

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
Awesome story, thanks for sharing. Reading this made me excited.. lol :)

Sponsored

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I believe my wife and I ran into you and your wife some months back at Stacy's Furniture....and pretty sure I saw the new one in the Target parking lot a couple weeks ago. Don't see many 350's in the Allen/McKinney/Melissa area to often.

Car looks sweet! Congrats.

***GT350***

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
After what seems like forever my awesome wife finally got her dream car, a 2017 at MSRP. No longer needing the standard four door family car since two of our kids now drive themselves around we were finally ready for her turn to have her own . After putting up with my obsession for the last 25 years of owning too many mustangs, getting our son a 03 and letting me get my dream of a Roush Stage 3 last year it was time to start her journey.

We worked with our local salesman/Friend, the plan was to order around November of this year and hopefully take delivery early 2017 when our current lease was up. Except the order went in on June 10th and what seems to be world record time the car got scheduled for build on July 11th and delivered to the dealer on July 28th. Since this was way too early I had to look hard at the numbers since there was also a $5000 ADM attached to the deal. Sadly the dealer came back with a higher finance rate than I expected and payment that was way too high having to also keep the leased car for a while. We signed the paperwork to lock the car down while in transit and take a few days to decide. After some hard discussions we decided to pass and work on the on securing another allocation later in the year.

I was really bummed having to disappoint my wife so I was secretly working with the dealer to try and get a better deal but they would not budge on the ADM and insisted they could not get any better financing, and if we did pass they were raising their ADM back to 10,000 on all 's. So the day before I was officially going to tell them no, it hit me that since we were pre approved with maybe I could find one at MSRP somewhere close by then jump on a cheap flight, drive it home and still come out ahead.

So with help from a friend we hit up cars.com and found over 250 17's somewhat close and hit the phones. We got laughed at from a few for even to dare asking if they were selling at MSRP and prices ranged from 5-20,000. Then I found one 3 hours away in Austin for MSRP, they verified my pre approval and also got the financing rate down almost half what my dealer was pushing. Car was black with convince package that she wanted but with white stripes and she wanted the stripe delete, I told her we could remove them if desired.

So I left a deposit over the phone and we drove down the next morning in my Roush to pick it up and had the best drive ever following each other home. After having it for a few weeks the stripes are now staying on as it totally makes the car stand out. Called my dealer and told them I wasn't taking the car and it's still sitting in the showroom with a 10k ADM. Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share our story, nothing makes me happier than seeing my wife smile everyday driving her car.
visit Penfed.org as they may have a better rate for even "re-financing". We got our loan from this bank and it's the best group of people to work with. Straight forward and no non-sense.

Congrats! I'm certain you wife earned this, after giving you two beautiful children :cheers:

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Story sounds like me - except I started out saying NO to any ADM. I called several dealers, very quickly making my way to smaller dealers not in the Dallas area. I found one that agreed to let me order a 17 for MSRP, and in April I put a deposit in and ordered. The car is finally on the rail down here as I type this, and I hope to close the book on this deal in the next few days.

Maybe I will see you at the Plano Cars and Coffee next month :)

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Very nice story and even better car...congrats!!
Sponsored