My Silver HP Mach 1 has arrived !

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
First photo from my sales rep, more to come. Just off the truck, so not all finished yet with added splitter and front tire moldings. Absolutely love how the wheels turned out.

image0 (1).jpg
Congrats OP!!! I’m curious when you get it home to take a photo looking down over the top of the front fender. I’m interested in seeing if the 305’s poke out like the PP2 cars do.
Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Nope not in car or trunk and dealer said not listed on the loose items list nor on the checklist. Says not on order guide either. Very strange
Interesting! I was wondering where they were in your first post, but looks like Ford is finding ways to pinch pennies again.

I remember when the PP2 came out, some of the Ford guys said that the front poke was the max allowed they could legally do on a factory car, without adding more fender flares, widening the front fenders, etc.

It looks like the front wheels on the HP have a similar offset, and are also meeting whatever maximum spec the PP2 met, which is why they're getting away with not including the flares after all.

Amazing car OP!

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
If I were you i would try calling Ford direct to inquire about the wheel well guards, maybe let them know you expected them to be in there. You never know what they may say.
Also, what’s your plan on tint percentage?
Mine is getting done Friday and I’m trying to decide between 20 or 30 on side windows.
Yes will try to call directly and inquire. I’m doing 20 on the sides and their very lightest on the front

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Congrats OP!!! I’m curious when you get it home to take a photo looking down over the top of the front fender. I’m interested in seeing if the 305’s poke out like the PP2 cars do.
They definitely have some poke. See pic

59FC0325-37C6-4D28-B91C-C8407A586E28.jpeg

C9CEFE0A-67AF-43AF-801B-4BD9318874BA.jpeg

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Interesting! I was wondering where they were in your first post, but looks like Ford is finding ways to pinch pennies again.

I remember when the PP2 came out, some of the Ford guys said that the front poke was the max allowed they could legally do on a factory car, without adding more fender flares, widening the front fenders, etc.

It looks like the front wheels on the HP have a similar offset, and are also meeting whatever maximum spec the PP2 met, which is why they're getting away with not including the flares after all.

Amazing car OP!
Thank you !

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
OP, can't wait to see more pics! Looking good!

Way to go, Ford - dangle the front flare carrot then cheap out and snatch it away. They would have been helpful in keeping rock chips at bay with that tire poke.

Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Nice car! Picked up mine today after a four-month wait - #1461. Non-HP, as it won't be tracked.
Congrats and you clearly picked the version of the car that will be best for your intended use. When I had my GT350R, I met so many people who also had R's but never intended to take them to the track. When I asked why they bought their R versus a non-R GT350, they usually replied, "because it was a step above the regular GT350". I have noticed that is happening with the GT500 CFTP, as well.

Last edited:

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Looks like the front wheel lip is only on the handling pack. The good news is it should be available for purchase.

1616677713026.png

1616677733449.png
the silver car OP got is an HP car...hence the confusion of there being no flare.

OP
OP
Tshenberg

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
OP, can't wait to see more pics! Looking good!

Way to go, Ford - dangle the front flare carrot then cheap out and snatch it away. They would have been helpful in keeping rock chips at bay with that tire poke.
yeah, not quite a done deal that no longer an option, but trying to get more info or find other produced HP cars and see if same thing on theirs.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Ah...my mistake. Didn't realize the HP cars were already being delivered. Deleted the post.
his is the first I am aware of being delivered, bit earlier than I expected, figured it would be middle of next month
Sponsored