Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
So I started Lucy up today and proceeded to back out of the Garage. NO Back Up Screen, just black. Dropped it in first, no nav, no audio, no nothing. i stopped the car turned it off, waited 5 minutes to restart NOTHING. Tried holding down audio on off button for various times up to 60 seconds...NOTHING. Later after running some errands, I disconnected the battery waited about 5 minutes and TA-DA!

Has anyone else had issues like this? If so what did you find out? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Ultimately warranty will fix any problem, but this is not happy making.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I think this occurs on premium model ecoboost and GTs. Check your fuses though.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
So I started Lucy up today and proceeded to back out of the Garage. NO Back Up Screen, just black. Dropped it in first, no nav, no audio, no nothing. i stopped the car turned it off, waited 5 minutes to restart NOTHING. Tried holding down audio on off button for various times up to 60 seconds...NOTHING. Later after running some errands, I disconnected the battery waited about 5 minutes and TA-DA!

Has anyone else had issues like this? If so what did you find out? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Ultimately warranty will fix any problem, but this is not happy making.
Used to happen in our Ford Edge Sport. It was a software glitch. Either reload the sync software, if possible,or download from Ford into a USB, again if possible, or see a dealer to refashion. Our Edge came with a USB stick with the firmware we could load.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
MIne did that, fixed itself overnight.

Sponsored

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Something similar happened to mine today. Took it to Ford. Went to pick up the girlfriend and it was working fine. Started it back up when I arrived at her place, and the screen stayed black. Audio and everything still worked fine. Got a bluetooth call and was able to touch the black screen to answer it (I knew approximately where the button was). So touch screen part and everything worked just no image. Took it to the dealership while it was happening and when the reps went to look at it, the screen was working again... annoying...

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
Mine did it and resolved on its' own the next drive.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
The first '16 GT350 our dealership sold had this happen. Turned out to be the APIM (Accessory Protocol Interface Module ) behind the display screen.
Sponsored