Sponsored

My New MUST-HAVE Feature: BLIS

Stunna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium CS
I love mines, BLIS is good at night when you have 5% tints. It works 100% of the time
Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I agree, and the stang has bad blind spots. I was merging into a lane today, there was no traffic in the two lanes to my left, EXCEPT for one **** who blocked me from merging. She could have moved into the left lane, like most people would do in this situation, but this thunder**** stayed in my blindspot and blocked me from merging. Lucky I turned my head and seen her as I was merging, Hence, I flipped this young bitch the bird and made sure she seen it. 99% of folks will get in the left lane at this section of the road to let others merge. This little bitch blocked me on purpose.

Point is, I did not see her as I started merging, she was not in the mirror view, and they are set correctly. BLIS would have been nice

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
All cars will eventually be getting Collision Avoidance Auto-braking.
That's gonna suck big time at a track day if it can't be completely disabled.

I agree wholeheartedly with the rest, and since my '08 has little in the way of nannies (a worthless TC is about all it has) it's what I live with.

Norm

Last edited:

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It works great on these cars. On my previous car, a Mercedes, they would go off randomly and they were very distracting. Oh and my front collision alert would go off in the same spots all the time for no reason (no car in front). That car was a lemon.

I'm surprised how well the Ford ones work, although I still can't bring myself to trust them after my first and last exploration into Mercedes.

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Glad I got it. My wife didn't want it on her car becasue it has "too many lights and buttons" but now that she has been driving the Mustang with it, she wishes she had it.

We are 62.

Sponsored

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
I'm always a bit paranoid about changing lanes in a car. I'm so accustomed to being on motorcycles (10 years being bike-only ended when I bought my '15 last September) that a car still feels HUGE to me.

Maybe BLIS should be something my next car has. That sounds actually pretty useful, though it didn't seem that useful when I was going through the options.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
My 2010 GT had great mirrors for catching blind spots. The problem was that they also tried to blind me when an idiot came up behind me with his high beams on! If I adjusted the mirrors to keep headlights from shining in my eyes, I couldn't see the blind spots. With BLIS, I can swing the side mirrors away at night but still know if someone is coming up beside me.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Love my BLIS. Gives you that extra assurance nothing is in your blind spot.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
havent you seen the memes. its a people sensor not car warning.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I have very limited experience driving cars with blind-spot monitors but I can definitely see it being a useful system, especially during the situation you were in.

Also, while the blindspot mirrors are extremely handy, you cannot rely on them completely and should always still turn your head.

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
BLIS is very useful during the night, very useless during the day because of its tiny/not that bright LED light and it lacks audible alert.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
BLIS is very useful during the night, very useless during the day because of its tiny/not that bright LED light and it lacks audible alert.
I can see it just fine in the day and I have 5% Tint lol. I think the audible alert would get too annoying, but would be a cool option as long as you could turn it off.

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
To me BLIS for changing lanes is something I can take, or leave.

Where it shines is the cross traffic alert. This is AWESOME.

Without fail, someone in a large vehicle, be it a Hummer, SUV, lifted truck or even a mini-van always parks next to me. This can make backing out of a space a gamble.

Earlier this week, it bery likely literally saved my car's ass. I was leaving work and was about to back out of my parking space. As soon as I put the car in reverse and was about to slowly ease up on the clutch, the beeping began. I thought it might have been the park assist and was thinking "WTF? there's nothing there". Then I see some moron go by in my mirror, they had to be doing 25 in the parking lot. Had I crept out, there's a good chance said moron would have been looking at their phone, eating a donut, or just so stupid they couldn't stop and would have nailed me.
It has saved me at least five times with this very scenario. It was something I was not interested in having or needing but it has saved my bacon!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have very limited experience driving cars with blind-spot monitors but I can definitely see it being a useful system, especially during the situation you were in.

Also, while the blindspot mirrors are extremely handy, you cannot rely on them completely and should always still turn your head.
What scares me is that many drivers won't follow that advice. "It's technology and therefore it's not going to make any mistakes, so I don't have to do this any more".

Norm

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I over-the-shoulder every time I change lanes. I thought I'd hate BLIS, but I actually really, really, REALLY enjoy it -- it's unobtrusive when you're not looking to change lanes, and it's actually helpful when you are (although its definition of "blind spot" is a little expansive, since it'll light up for me even if there's a car with ten or twenty feet of space behind me to change to.
I'm with you here. I didn't think it was necessary when I first got the car, the package just came along with everything else, but it's kept some close calls from being even closer.

It's also possible to turn one's head AND use Bliss to augment that, so the two aren't mutually exclusive. That's what I do.
Sponsored