Sponsored

My New MUST-HAVE Feature: BLIS

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
BLIS shouldn't be inside of a package, inside of a package. To get BLIS, I would have to get the premium trim ($42.5k, vs $37k for the base GT), and add a $2k package on top of that. $7.5k to get BLIS, fuck that. And fuck Canadian pricing.

Oh yes, FUCK YOU Ford of Canada for fucking Canadians. I hope you read this.
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
BLIS shouldn't be inside of a package, inside of a package. To get BLIS, I would have to get the premium trim ($42.5k, vs $37k for the base GT), and add a $2k package on top of that. $7.5k to get BLIS, fuck that. And fuck Canadian pricing.
In order to get basically ANY options you need the Premium Package. That's sort of one of the points of it. Base models are supposed to be for people who intend to track their cars and don't intend to be using them for daily drivers; things like BLIS and Adaptive Cruise Control and other niceties aren't going to be available on base models because Ford isn't selling base models to people who want to spend extra money on "luxury" items.

I do agree that it's stupid that BLIS is packaged with an upgraded stereo and power seats. That makes no sense.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
In order to get basically ANY options you need the Premium Package. That's sort of one of the points of it. Base models are supposed to be for people who intend to track their cars and don't intend to be using them for daily drivers; things like BLIS and Adaptive Cruise Control and other niceties aren't going to be available on base models because Ford isn't selling base models to people who want to spend extra money on "luxury" items.

I do agree that it's stupid that BLIS is packaged with an upgraded stereo and power seats. That makes no sense.
The way I see it it's not a convenience feature, it's a safety feature. The aforementioned scenario of driving late at night on a dark highway during a rainstorm / shower does happen, and it happens very frequently. There are many drivers even late at night on highway 401, especially near Pearson airport and heading out towards Mississauga, and my car lacks a blind spot monitoring system (which was added to the model 2 years later in the tech package, which I have on my 2010 model... grrrrrr).

The side mirrors are basically useless because of all the water droplets, you can't wind the side windows down without getting a faceful of rain, you're afraid to turn your head because you're so focused on keeping track of the highway lane markers and the car taillights ahead of you, and its hard to pick out the cars on either side of you. You basically have to signal for a lane change, turn your head and look, turn back to the front, hold the turn signal for a good 2 - 3 seconds or longer, look again to make sure, then slowly ease your way into the lane just in case some bugger just happens to magically appear there as you turn your head forward again.

In most other situations this is absolutely not a problem. It's just the combination of darkness and water on the side mirrors which is so nerve wracking.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

There are meds for issues like you exhibit. Jesus, take a pill or 40.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
There are meds for issues like you exhibit. Jesus, take a pill or 40.
Congratulations on living in Atlanta and in USA, where you are not subject to the kind of price fixing we Canadians experience on all of our products.

So how would it feel to you if you knew that a product was made in your home state but is sold for $27k locally, and $23k in a foreign country? How would it feel to you knowing that you could cross an imaginary line and buy a car, drive it back and save $3k or more? Would you be pissed if you went to a dealership across the border and you were turned away because of your nationality?

Sponsored

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Congratulations on living in Atlanta and in USA, where you are not subject to the kind of price fixing we Canadians experience on all of our products.

So how would it feel to you if you knew that a product was made in your home state but is sold for $27k locally, and $23k in a foreign country? How would it feel to you knowing that you could cross an imaginary line and buy a car, drive it back and save $3k or more? Would you be pissed if you went to a dealership across the border and you were turned away because of your nationality?
I hope this dude doesn't check out what a case of beer costs south of the border--he will pop

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
How many of you have had to hit the brakes when some idiot decides that 6 inches is enough room to slide into position in front of you? I don't think that many of them had BLIS running. I want BLIS so that I don't make an idiot of myself, because I didn't check enough times before I moved into another lane. Please don't tell me that YOU are the perfect driver and have never cut someone off because you didn't notice them in your blind spot.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I never do the head turn and did not even think twice about not ordering BLIS. Yuck $$$. Well positioned side view mirrors (you should not be able to see your own car) are all you need. And the little additional blind spot mirrors I have on my Fusion make it even better.

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Forget beer, I need only see how much Shell Rotella T6 is in the States ($18 / 5L jug) vs here ($45).

You guys in the USA don't know how good you have it with the price of a lot of stuff. The govt of Canada is launching a study into price gouging of Canadians with the intent to highlight price discrepancies of products, cars being a major point.

But of course, like all government studies which do not directly benefit the government itself, the study will simply be a waste of taxpayer dollars to confirm that they sky is indeed blue, and water is wet.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
How many of you have had to hit the brakes when some idiot decides that 6 inches is enough room to slide into position in front of you? I don't think that many of them had BLIS running.
BLIS is far too new of a technology - given the average age of cars on the road, most cars don't even have it.

I want BLIS so that I don't make an idiot of myself, because I didn't check enough times before I moved into another lane. Please don't tell me that YOU are the perfect driver and have never cut someone off because you didn't notice them in your blind spot.
I won't say that I never have, but I will say it's been pretty damn rare. Especially if I discard the cases where the car I "cut off" was intentionally accelerating into my blind spot just to keep themselves from "losing" one place in line. You know that happens, too, and you shouldn't feel any need to accept any blame for when it does.

Norm

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
This Pro/Anti-BLIS argument reminds me of my grandfather. He refused to have a radio in his cars...'too much distraction'. He even disabled a couple of radios from what I remember.
We have the same arguments on the UK forums, about tech.
As for Radio's in the 90s all Radios and even a Leather sterring wheel cover were not allowed on the Black London Taxi. And even if the cab was dirty the Police could put a stop on it, so the driver was not allowed to use it, till it was passed by the Police.
As for Blis for me driving a LHD on the other side of the road, think it will be a major help, of course I will still look, but it just adds that extra bit of safety. You may ask why i got another LHD, cause the US S550 knocks the UK out of the ballpark, 8 major differences between the US and UK options and spec, and only $1500 more and that includes import and conversion and thats with all the tech and the Calif Special

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

I love Canadian Pricing, its saved me $10grand :D

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I personally don't 'need' all of the fancy-nanny devices on my Premium Mustang...but I sure hope that the 'other' driver has every one of them plus some extras. All cars will eventually be getting Collision Avoidance Auto-braking. I saw a woman texting while coming to a stop light...her car automatically slammed on the brakes just before she was going to ram the car stopped in front of her. I laughed when i saw her face...she didn't know what the hell was happening!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
had BLIS in my 14 IS350 F Sport. Dont miss it in this car. I find the mustang to have better visibility without a B pillar in my face like the IS and the curve side mirror
Sponsored