Sponsored

My journey to placing an order for a GT350

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
How almost submitting an order for a 2016 led to a 2017. A wordy little ramble about my journey to placing an order for a 2017 GT350.
I’ve long been a fan (and owner) of Mustangs (’69 Mach 1, ’83 Capri RS, ’86 GT convertible & ’89 GT) and with the release of the Shelby GT350 I decided it was time to get another one. I did the normal build & price from Ford’s website and then tried to locate one via their inventory search. Every time I found one I would call the dealership. Almost every time I called, the vehicle was already spoken for. When I called Allan Vigil Ford in Morrow, GA. just outside of ATL, they informed me that they received an additional allotment that morning. I made an appointment to go over and place my order the following day (12/19/15). I arrived and built the following: GT350, Competition Orange, Painted Black Roof, Black with White Racing Stripe and Track Package. At the time of building, they told me the price would be negotiated later when I was handed off to the sales manager. After being handed off to the sales manager, I was informed that the additional markup was to be $10,000. I told them I would do $2,500 upon which he replied the best they can do is an ADM of $7,500. I told them no thank you. They did mention that they very much liked the car that I built and said they were going to go ahead and submit the build. I have no idea if they ever did or not.
Now knowing that additional allotments are a possibility, I again called the Ford dealership closest to where I live, Auto Nation Ford in Union City, GA. just outside of ATL. They said they didn’t know yet but could call Ford to find out if they could get one more, informing Ford that they had a customer ready to make the purchase. Before they made the call, I inquired if there would be any additional markup added to the price. They said $5,000, I reluctantly agreed. Later in the day they called me back to say that Ford declined to grant them an additional allotment. At that time they said they would start a waiting list for their 2017 allotment. I was 1st on the list.
Fast forward to last Friday (4/15/2016). Auto Nation called me to give me the news that they have received their 2017 GT350 allotment (two) and I could place my order. The ADM was to again be $5,000 to which I again reluctantly agreed to. I built the car over the phone that same day with the understanding I would go to the dealership to put down a deposit on Monday (4/18/2016). Done, refundable deposit made and car ordered (only in the dealerships computers at this point). They will submit the order to Ford sometime today (4/19/2016) and keep me informed of any updates to my order as they receive them. The 2017 GT350 I have on order is as follows: GT350, Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Painted Black Roof and Electronic Package.
The estimated delivery date they gave me is mid-January, 2017. Let the countdown begin…
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It stinks what you have to go through just to get a good car. Yours is going to be a nice one. Good luck from here on in.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
How almost submitting an order for a 2016 led to a 2017. A wordy little ramble about my journey to placing an order for a 2017 GT350.
I’ve long been a fan (and owner) of Mustangs (’69 Mach 1, ’83 Capri RS, ’86 GT convertible & ’89 GT) and with the release of the Shelby GT350 I decided it was time to get another one. I did the normal build & price from Ford’s website and then tried to locate one via their inventory search. Every time I found one I would call the dealership. Almost every time I called, the vehicle was already spoken for. When I called Allan Vigil Ford in Morrow, GA. just outside of ATL, they informed me that they received an additional allotment that morning. I made an appointment to go over and place my order the following day (12/19/15). I arrived and built the following: GT350, Competition Orange, Painted Black Roof, Black with White Racing Stripe and Track Package. At the time of building, they told me the price would be negotiated later when I was handed off to the sales manager. After being handed off to the sales manager, I was informed that the additional markup was to be $10,000. I told them I would do $2,500 upon which he replied the best they can do is an ADM of $7,500. I told them no thank you. They did mention that they very much liked the car that I built and said they were going to go ahead and submit the build. I have no idea if they ever did or not.
Now knowing that additional allotments are a possibility, I again called the Ford dealership closest to where I live, Auto Nation Ford in Union City, GA. just outside of ATL. They said they didn’t know yet but could call Ford to find out if they could get one more, informing Ford that they had a customer ready to make the purchase. Before they made the call, I inquired if there would be any additional markup added to the price. They said $5,000, I reluctantly agreed. Later in the day they called me back to say that Ford declined to grant them an additional allotment. At that time they said they would start a waiting list for their 2017 allotment. I was 1st on the list.
Fast forward to last Friday (4/15/2016). Auto Nation called me to give me the news that they have received their 2017 GT350 allotment (two) and I could place my order. The ADM was to again be $5,000 to which I again reluctantly agreed to. I built the car over the phone that same day with the understanding I would go to the dealership to put down a deposit on Monday (4/18/2016). Done, refundable deposit made and car ordered (only in the dealerships computers at this point). They will submit the order to Ford sometime today (4/19/2016) and keep me informed of any updates to my order as they receive them. The 2017 GT350 I have on order is as follows: GT350, Ruby Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Painted Black Roof and Electronic Package.
The estimated delivery date they gave me is mid-January, 2017. Let the countdown begin…
Congrats!

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Congrats Sir. Can't wait to see some owner photos of the Ruby Red. Wasn't always my favorite colour but when I saw the pics earlier on the GT350 it completely changed my opinion. Ruby Red and Black (including the black roof) will be a ridiculously beautiful combination.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Congrats...great color choice and a very good price...5K ADM is not bad..I have heard of worst, and I'm sure it will not be the best.....the best news is you can now join the waiting team and enjoy knowing that you have a car on the way !!

Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
Congrats on your order. I also had good luck with AutoNation (different location). :ford:

ncrisis

NCRISIS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 DIB Black Roof Track Pack
Let the countdown begin…[/QUOTE]

Time will fly and you will by the time it goes into production have read every GT350 thread, blog and website.... the anticipation is 1/2 the fun. I placed my order (also with $5k ADM) March 11 and it went into production a month later (MY2016) and was completed per COTUS on 4/18/2016 (Fords Mustang was introduced on April 17 1964) so I feel I have a piece of history with this one. Anyway car is now "waiting shipment" and I'm loving the anxious moments until it gets here....Prepare to "Geek" out my friend as I have and congrats:clap2:

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Let the countdown begin…
Time will fly and you will by the time it goes into production have read every GT350 thread, blog and website.... the anticipation is 1/2 the fun. I placed my order (also with $5k ADM) March 11 and it went into production a month later (MY2016) and was completed per COTUS on 4/18/2016 (Fords Mustang was introduced on April 17 1964) so I feel I have a piece of history with this one. Anyway car is now "waiting shipment" and I'm loving the anxious moments until it gets here....Prepare to "Geek" out my friend as I have and congrats:clap2:[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I think I have already read all the threads, blogs, web articles and image searches. :eyebulge: Time will also fly by as my 10 year ownership of my 2006 GTO will come to an end. Preferably 1 day before my 2017 arrives. I actually love that car. Complete urethane replacement to all suspension components and a Vengeance Racing dyno tune. If only I had the money and space to have both.

Tigernation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW. hoping to get GT350
why are they saying January delivery date? Is that a small dealership or do they just know based on their priority? Congrats!!!

OP
OP

tomcatv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
why are they saying January delivery date? Is that a small dealership or do they just know based on their priority? Congrats!!!
They based that off of the two 2016s they sold. I know it could be more or less and that's ok for me.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Awesome color choice! Would have been mine if it was available for 2016. Sucks how annoying it is to try and get one of these cars at a reasonable price, but it is worth the effort!

-T
Sponsored