gww52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
GT500
wheels

The wheel that American Muscle said will work Dose not fit ! Had to send it back .
I sent mine back too.
I have the tire for the spare but I still need a wheel solution.
The AM wheel that does fit is no longer available.
I'm going to keep searching.
Sponsored

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
Bump..... Anybody come up with a good wheel as a starting point to cut down?

I really like the idea of a cut down usable spare tire. Don't want to get stuck in the middle of no where.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I got a GT PP 19x9.5" wheel with a 265/40/19 tire that is extremely close to the overall diameter of the 305/35/19 in the rear. That way if I have to drive a short distance I won't damage the differential in any way. I don't have it in the wheel well area however, but in the trunk. Total spent: $180 for wheel and tire.

whitestang5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Does it clear the front caliper?

I got a GT PP 19x9.5" wheel with a 265/40/19 tire that is extremely close to the overall diameter of the 305/35/19 in the rear. That way if I have to drive a short distance I won't damage the differential in any way. I don't have it in the wheel well area however, but in the trunk. Total spent: $180 for wheel and tire.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Does it clear the front caliper?
That my friend is the million dollar question, I still need to mount it to see. I bought the wheel on impulse because it was only $80 and I figured I'd give it a go. I don't see any issues with fitment in the rear, but the fronts are the true test. I will report back when I get a chance to mount it up.

Sponsored

CaptainUnderpants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray Shelby GT350
This wheel DOES not fit.
http://www.autoanything.com/wheels-rims/drag-dr-37-wheels

It just lightly scraps the front caliper pad. Plus there is too great of a slope on the barrel of the rim to cut out 3". There would be too great of a barrel mismatch to weld both ends.

Anybody find a cheap 19" rim to cut down yet?

Last edited:

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
This wheel DOES not fit.
http://www.autoanything.com/wheels-rims/drag-dr-37-wheels

It just lightly scraps the front caliper pad. Plus there is too great of a slope on the barrel of the rim to cut out 3". There would be too great of a barrel mismatch to weld both ends.

Anybody find a cheap 19" rim to cut down yet?
I am looking to buy something as is and deal with the extra 3” in trunk. Would either offset work for either position (front and back)?

Last edited:

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
There is a thread about a spare that is now available for us PP GT Brembo owners and this has just been stated in post#192 that one is now available for GT350's.

drorr86

"All outstanding orders have been fulfilled as of this morning. Those who have been waiting on the hardware portion of their orders have had those sent out as well. Thank you all for your business and support while we product this Spare to market. Those who have the GT350 models, we now have a solution for your cars and can make this work on your vehicles as well."

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78332&page=13

Last edited:

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Thanks for the heads up.

Placed order. Need to wait until late March as the first run is sold out. Planning to visit far away tracks this year (VIR and maybe Watkins Glen) so this will be good insurance for the long road trips.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Can't wait for someone more knowledgable than I am on tires and fitment to check in to this and report back!

Sponsored

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Thanks for the heads up.

Placed order. Need to wait until late March as the first run is sold out. Planning to visit far away tracks this year (VIR and maybe Watkins Glen) so this will be good insurance for the long road trips.
Did you order the full package or just the wheel\tire? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this but not sure which way I want to go. TIA.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Did you order the full package or just the wheel\tire? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this but not sure which way I want to go. TIA.
Full package which I think is a little overpriced for a jack and wrench but figured one and done.