Sponsored

MY 2017 Dealer Allocation

Fordman88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150 XLT Max Tow, 2017 GT350
I am second on my dealers waiting list I gave him a call last week and he is still not sure what their allocation will be. I know they received 2 MY16 non R's. My question is have all the dealers been give their allocation?
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Hard to say as some late allocations came thru near the end of production 2016MY.

Praehotec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 mustang, 2017 GT350R
For that matter, is there really any way to even be sure a dealer has an allocation, other than taking their word?

I really like the gt350, and have one on order, but the manner in which they have been sold seems to leave a lot to be desired on many levels...

Last edited:

dean_acheson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Boss 302, 2019 Bullitt
The process seems pretty much the same as it was back in 2012 when ordering a Boss.

Everything is a bit odd when trying to buy a special order, limited production vehicle with allocations.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
If a dealer can actually place an order they have the allocation but that still doesn't indicate when a car goes into production.

I don't think it is as much of an issue of Ford mis-handling things as it is just the reality of the franchise distribution model and a relatively limited # of cars. Ford has to manage GT350 allocations across thousands of dealers and are only building something like 500 cars/month.

Even if you removed the franchises from the equation, a la Tesla, doesn't mean you solve all of these problems. Model X production is still a sh*t show so deliveries have suffered even without the added complexity of dealerships.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If a dealer can actually place an order they have the allocation but that still doesn't indicate when a car goes into production.
Not 100% true, especially with the R. Plenty of dealers placed R orders in MY16 when they only had a regular GT350 allocation.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

I don't think it is as much of an issue of Ford mis-handling things as it is just the reality of the franchise distribution model and a relatively limited # of cars. Ford has to manage GT350 allocations across thousands of dealers and are only building something like 500 cars/month.

Even if you removed the franchises from the equation, a la Tesla, doesn't mean you solve all of these problems. Model X production is still a sh*t show so deliveries have suffered even without the added complexity of dealerships.
I don't believe that is true. My understanding is that the dealer can place the order, get both a VOC and a DORA and it'll just sit there not getting pulled without an allocation.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
For that matter, is there really any way to even be sure a dealer has an allocation, other than taking their word?

I really like the gt350, and have one on order, but the manner in which they have been sold seems to leave a lot to be desired on many levels...
Ask for proof generally received in the form of an e-mail from their Ford Rep to them stating what their allocations are for a particular model year.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
Not 100% true, especially with the R. Plenty of dealers placed R orders in MY16 when they only had a regular GT350 allocation.
Ah, good point. I didn't think about that. Making the R an option code and not a separate model seems like it would complicate the allocation process.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I do think allocations are placed throughout the model year. I passed on an allocation because of my bull headed ADM,,,and not fully getting it. Dealer then called me an said they received one more for a MY16 on March 14th,,,,,, I ordered, and yes ADM. If I'd been more educated at the time I'd be driving my 350 instead of waiting on it, lol

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I do think allocations are placed throughout the model year. I passed on an allocation because of my bull headed ADM,,,and not fully getting it. Dealer then called me an said they received one more for a MY16 on March 14th,,,,,, I ordered, and yes ADM. If I'd been more educated at the time I'd be driving my 350 instead of waiting on it, lol
Yes, Ford gives out additional allocations towards the end of the model year if they have spare capacity and are under production targets. But it doesn't happen continually through-out the year.

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R

Ask to speak to their Ford regional rep to verify the allocation. If they had 2016 allocations and their regional rep says they have 2017 allocations that's a great sign.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I am second on my dealers waiting list I gave him a call last week and he is still not sure what their allocation will be. I know they received 2 MY16 non R's. My question is have all the dealers been give their allocation?
I am third on a waiting list at my dealership. The gentleman who was first (a member of this forum as well) got an allocation. The dealer only received the one so far even though for MY2016 they received 3 total + 2 VIP. In calling around to several other area dealers many have still not received any allocation. At this time I wouldn't freak out, the allocations are coming, just not as fast as we all have hoped.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
For what it is worth, my dealer said last summer they were getting an allocation for 5 GT350's and one "R" in 2016. That is exactly what they received. For 2017, they told me they have allocations for 6 GT350's and 2 "R"'s.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
My dealer got 4 regular 350s and 1 R for MY16. Only 3 regular and 1 R for MY17. Selling all at +$5K firm. (No, the Rs are gone...I got 'em :D) FWIW
Sponsored