sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I posted in my build thread but wanted to update this thread also for anyone searching. My lockout issues have mostly resolved themselves with time and adjusting my technique to slam the gears straight forward and back. I can no-lift shift 1-2-3-4 about 90% of the time without issues.

it’s a weird trans. Daily driving you have to shift it like you’re cradling an egg. On the throttle and it requires more force to go into gear than my ‘68 big block toploader trans.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Clutch line and fluid swap to Motul has my trans feeling much better. Only a slight 2-3 nibble now but no lockout. Steeda shifter mount should make it near perfect. I’m liking this trans again

Ruckus50gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I am wondering if traction control also plays a role. I notice at 8k rpm I will get locked out on the 1-2 sometimes. It’s always in sport when I can feel the car getting a little loose and throw 2nd I’ll get locked out and can go all the way down to a stop and won’t go in until I let clutch out and back in. In track mode I do same thing and no issue 🤷🏼‍♂️

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Could be. But I can tell you that I have a 100% fix for my lockout with:
Motul 2qts and bg synchro shift 1qt

FTB shifter bracket aligned correctly! This isn’t detailed in the instructions but put your shifter into third before tightening the bolts on the bracket.

Stainless clutch line

weighted shift knob (may or may not help, I’m switching back to stock to see if any difference and will update).

hose clamp on the clutch feed line from the master cylinder to stop it from weeping/sucking air.

Dinokill3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt PP
Be prepare to replace your clutch if you keep betting the stock one like that.
I just had to replace mine at 48K.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Be prepare to replace your clutch if you keep betting the stock one like that.
I just had to replace mine at 48K.
Car has factory ignition cut for no lift shift at WOT without damaging the clutch. I still don’t do it often though.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Could be. But I can tell you that I have a 100% fix for my lockout with:
Motul 2qts and bg synchro shift 1qt

FTB shifter bracket aligned correctly! This isn’t detailed in the instructions but put your shifter into third before tightening the bolts on the bracket.

Stainless clutch line

weighted shift knob (may or may not help, I’m switching back to stock to see if any difference and will update).

hose clamp on the clutch feed line from the master cylinder to stop it from weeping/sucking air.
Put the stock shift knob back on and it shifts 100% better than with the weighted knob.

My final conclusion is weighted knob + steeda bracket or FTB bracket + dynomat the hell out of it + stock shift knob
Sponsored