Motor Let Go Tonight

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Maybe so. I think most people just had more faith that the car could withstand basic bolt-ons without blowing up. Not talking about swapping on big turbos.
I know what you mean the problem is its left up to the dealers to determine warranty.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stormtrooper

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Must be nice to have 7 grand to burn without a care in the world. Most are not as fortunate. 5.0 issues are much more rare after the first 2011 engines.
Lol. No not really. Im not rich by any means. I make $16 an hour. I just know what i was getting into when i started modding. Just fortunate to get it under warranty.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
Lol. No not really. Im not rich by any means. I make $16 an hour. I just know what i was getting into when i started modding. Just fortunate to get it under warranty.
So.... would it make you change your mind if it wasn't covered and u had to pay $7K out of pocket?

OP
OP
stormtrooper

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Thats the point of pay to play you shoulld stay stock and under warranty if you cant afford the worse case scenario. These threads are pointless because the OP isnt going to disclose all the facts and the tuner is never going to take responsibillity. Im in no way saying Adam is to blame so you fanboys dont go sending me death threat pms, Im just saying NO tuner is going to openly admit fault. People just need to enjoy their cars
What didn't i discuss? Lol. I never blamed Adam. Lol. I blame myself for not sending a few logs to get the tune on point. The car was about to get an oil change the next day. Only had about 4300k on the last oil change. Like i said, all the measurements looked spot on! Nothing looked wrong. I downshifted to 2nd at around 40ish MPH and as soon i mashed the pedal it went BOOM! No warning or nothing.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you have personal attacks you'd like to make, feel free to PM me. Don't derail the thread.
Why didn't you PM that to him? why do the rest of us need to read it?

And why didn't I PM this to you?

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
How come livernoise has no blown engines yet,im sure they have tuned early models too????.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Must be nice to have 7 grand to burn without a care in the world. Most are not as fortunate.
Sooooo, in a way, the GT is for those who can't afford an EB!?!

OP
OP
stormtrooper

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
So.... would it make you change your mind if it wasn't covered and u had to pay $7K out of pocket?
Nope. It sure wouldnt. Why would i pay 7k? Lol. At most 4k would be spent on a built motor. Lol. I can save 4k and it wont hurt me that much.

OP
OP
stormtrooper

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I know what you mean the problem is its left up to the dealers to determine warranty.
Exactly but this has always been the case with any car. Your best bet when buying a car is to talk to the service manager and find out how mod friendly they are if you plan on modding it. It will always vary from dealer to dealer. I would purchase my vehicle from a dealer that worked with my long term plans for the car if possible. Notice the first thing they ask when you talk to service is, "Did you buy the vehicle here?".

When I bought mine, I really didn't plan on modding it much other than suspension and appearance. After driving it for a bit and seeing the success others were having, I wanted more. Because I don't have a second vehicle and this is my daily driver for work, I'll go warranty friendly until that expires. Once the warranty is over, I will go big turbo and feel confident it is safer than stock.

We have very good tuners supporting the community that have had a lot of success. I think the problem is people just need to take all things into consideration and mod intelligently. And as already mentioned, good quality work on something that sensitive is important. Even though it takes me much longer than a shop, I do all that work myself because I don't want to find out something was done in a hurry and came loose or wasn't done right. There are some very good shops, just have to make sure you're going to one of those if you can't do it yourself.

Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
This isn't a new issue for Ford since guys started burning replacement chips way back in the day. They have no interest in warranting an engine running on someone else tune. There will always be the guy that gets a Ford goodwill replacement. Those are far and few in number.

Bottom line is that you shouldn't run a tune unless you have the money for a replacement long block, worst case. To many newbs not understanding this fact.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Sooooo, in a way, the GT is for those who can't afford an EB!?!
Or the GT is for those that want 430 hp reliably without creating a money pit. At least with these early production engines.

boogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP Auto
Or the GT is for those that want 430 hp reliably without creating a money pit. At least with these early production engines.
Maybe not state something as an absolute based on appreciably less than 1/10th of 1 percent of EBM's sold.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
I don't understand your position. Either get a GT and move on or appreciate the car.

You're being very subjective on the reliability of the Ecoboost. Only paying attention to those that have popped, not the tens of thousands that have not. You've heard of Ecoboosts in dealerships but don't have the entire picture. There was even a guy who mentioned earlier in this thread that he works at a Ford dealership and hasn't seen an Ecoboost in for issues yet, but you seem to be blind to it. I've seen you cite that the BRZ didn't have issues on launch, and that Ford should follow suit. Even though ALL BRZ/FRS's made pre-2014 have to have a ECU flash to fix engine idling issues and there's a fix out for a knock issue. Even the new WRX has a recall for horrid LSPI tune strategies.

If you aren't confident in your vehicle, return it to stock and drive it as such. If you think your tune is too aggresive, ask Adam to dial it back. Just maybe defend the Ecoboost for once.

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
What didn't i discuss? Lol. I never blamed Adam. Lol. I blame myself for not sending a few logs to get the tune on point. The car was about to get an oil change the next day. Only had about 4300k on the last oil change. Like i said, all the measurements looked spot on! Nothing looked wrong. I downshifted to 2nd at around 40ish MPH and as soon i mashed the pedal it went BOOM! No warning or nothing.
I actually meant reply to other ecoboom thread from today, my fault was on cell.
Sponsored