Sponsored

Motor Let Go Tonight

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Or the GT is for those that want 430 hp reliably without creating a money pit. At least with these early production engines.
My gosh you're a paranoid lil guy., it's a handful of cars . The great majority are beat on daily without a single issue or just driven and enjoyed.If you're not able to do that get The GT already. Also slow down when you talk in your review vids:thumbsup:
Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I don't understand your position. Either get a GT and move on or appreciate the car.

You're being very subjective on the reliability of the Ecoboost. Only paying attention to those that have popped, not the tens of thousands that have not. You've heard of Ecoboosts in dealerships but don't have the entire picture. There was even a guy who mentioned earlier in this thread that he works at a Ford dealership and hasn't seen an Ecoboost in for issues yet, but you seem to be blind to it. I've seen you cite that the BRZ didn't have issues on launch, and that Ford should follow suit. Even though ALL BRZ/FRS's made pre-2014 have to have a ECU flash to fix engine idling issues and there's a fix out for a knock issue. Even the new WRX has a recall for horrid LSPI tune strategies.

If you aren't confident in your vehicle, return it to stock and drive it as such. If you think your tune is too aggresive, ask Adam to dial it back. Just maybe defend the Ecoboost for once.
I am confident in the guidance of those like Adam and others who know far more about this platform than I ever will. This is why I still have the car and haven't immediately abandoned ship. I realize this is most likely first year teething problems on just a limited run of early engines. I personally think later 2015 and all 2016 models will be fine and without issues (at least stock). I've been getting people asking me if they should buy a new EcoBoost and I have still be recommending them because it's a fantastically fun car and still the best performance value under 30k in my opinion. You're absolutely right that the 2015 WRXs have had LSPI issues too but at least Subaru addressed it. I just wish Ford would do the same as they have the best records of failure from dealers and can probably pinpoint the problem area much better than any of us can.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Or the GT is for those that want 430 hp reliably without creating a money pit. At least with these early production engines.
So I guess you would consider the GT350 unreliable as well? There are a few threads on this forum about those engines blowing up completely stock, uh oh.....:lol:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I have a reliable 450hp economy car. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it cross country at the drop of a hat.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
So I guess you would consider the GT350 unreliable as well? There are a few threads on this forum about those engines blowing up completely stock, uh oh.....:lol:
Same thing goes for the GT350. New engine, first year early production will be a little iffy. If I had the means to afford a GT350 I'd leave it stock anyway, would still have a warranty and wouldn't worry as much. I can deal with the idea of a motor failing if I'm not stuck with the bill. I've learned my lesson already. I won't do any warranty-voiding mods ever again. The power is fun but the huge financial risk is not fun for me.