More things to be happy about the 2020 R

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Isn't this the same article as the others saying 2020 will be the knuckle year?

OP
OP
Tank

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Isn't this the same article as the others saying 2020 will be the knuckle year?
It could be. Apologies if it’s been posted before. Mods, feel free to delete.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So the "R" gets the following upgrades...

Quote from the article:

Regarded as an upgrade from the previous version, the 2020 GT350R received Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert, a 12-speaker B&O premium sound system, Cobra Puddle Lamps, and voice-activated navigation.

Wow, nothing like making the R as light and competitive as possible. If you want all those creature comforts, why would you want an R? R stands for race variant. Puddle lamps? B&O subwoofer? BSI cross traffic alert?

Why not bring back the back seat?

SMH.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

Quote from the article:

Regarded as an upgrade from the previous version, the 2020 GT350R received Blind Spot Information System with Cross-Traffic Alert, a 12-speaker B&O premium sound system, Cobra Puddle Lamps, and voice-activated navigation.

Wow, nothing like making the R as light and competitive as possible. If you want all those creature comforts, why would you want an R? R stands for race variant. Puddle lamps? B&O subwoofer? BSI cross traffic alert?

SMH.
I would safely assume that’s because Ford knows a large percentage of the people that buy the R have no intention of making it a pure race car. They still want creature comforts. And bear in mind these are OPTIONS not mandatory.

Sponsored

rick shea

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR039, Oxford White, Kona matt stripe
I would safely assume that’s because Ford knows a large percentage of the people that buy the R have no intention of making it a pure race car. They still want creature comforts. And bear in mind these are OPTIONS not mandatory.[/QUOTE
My 2019 R has most of that. Also options. The car is already way more than I can ever get the most out of its track capabilities. So the creature features are slowly me down and they are nice for street driving. The R also stands for Relax and enjoy.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

Quote from the article:

SMH.
My 19 has all this and I like it that way. R stands for race prep and the difference in weight on these items does not mean a hill of beans unless your in competition and then you better be going all Honey Badger on your car

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
My 19 has all this and I like it that way. R stands for race prep and the difference in weight on these items does not mean a hill of beans unless your in competition and then you better be going all Honey Badger on your car
Yes, exactly. And I do the best I can when I'm doing it. However going all out honey badger style would leave you with a car that (looks like a street car with a wing), but in reality is a stripped out dedicated race car that would be illegal to drive on the street.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Yes, exactly. And I do the best I can when I'm doing it. However going all out honey badger would leave you with a car that looks like a street car with a wing, but in reality, his is a stripped out dedicated race car that would be illegal to drive on the street.
Before I would do that I would get another BIW. No need to pay this much for a car and tear it apart

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Before I would do that I would get another BIW. No need to pay this much for a car and tear it apart
I agree. However that's what makes him happy. I applaud what he has done.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I agree, I enjoy watching his progress
If/when I find a new engine, I will do a lot of what he has done.
Sponsored