Sponsored

Mod Regret??

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Hey everyone...it has been so great learning from everyone's experience with mods to their S550. I am pretty new to the mod game, and have done some pretty minor stuff so far: Diode LED's, X Pipe, GT350 steering wheel. I am planning on doing more this year, but wanted to ask if there are any mods that you REGRET doing? I think having this candid perspective will help those of us just getting into it. Thanks!!
Sponsored

5-OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
With every mod comes some give & take my 2015 is my 4th stang all others were Fox coupes so I know a few things about modding. So far I've only done springs and wheels on my '15 and I'll be completely honest with you I love the stance, but I hate the extra bounce that come with lowered springs. Yes it handles better, yes it looks better but the ride is not that great compared to stock.

Oh sorry '15 GT non-pp, auto

Mods are Eibach springs and 20" velgens

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The only mod I'm 50/50 about is the 2015 PP rear dampers on my non-PP car. They are noticeably bouncier. The car launches much better and is better to drive, but the highway chop/bounce is annoying at times. This is supposedly fixed with the 2016s (different low-speed bleed setting).

Otherwise, I'm very happy with everything else I've done (in sig below)

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
I won't say that I regret anything I've done so far when it comes to the driving experience. What really surprised me was when I totaled up what I've spent on the car so far, and it was just shy of $5K. I haven't even done anything to increase performance yet. I've only done the Flowmaster American Thunder axle back which isn't going to increase power.

I still have my Steeda Progressive Sport Springs sitting in the box, and am wondering if I really want to install them because I'm worried that it's going to screw up the ride quality like what happened to "5-OH". I too have a non PP car.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Would have gone ARH instead of SW for exhaust.

Sponsored

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
Great and timely topic as I'm currently considering which mods to pursue and in what order.

I'm considering in this order thereabouts for my EB+PP
1) Window tint
2) Grill delete (actually just a mesh grill sans pony)
3) GT 350 steering wheel (*if* it isn't leather, and if it comes with paddles that work for my AT)
4) Cold air intake
5) Intercooler
6) Exhaust

Looks like the replies mention ride quality as the primary regret thus far...

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
GT350 Steering Wheel

Great and timely topic as I'm currently considering which mods to pursue and in what order.

I'm considering in this order thereabouts for my EB+PP

3) GT 350 steering wheel (*if* it isn't leather, and if it comes with paddles that work for my AT)

Looks like the replies mention ride quality as the primary regret thus far...
The two GT350 wheels available are covered in Alcantara?? and both allow you to move all your controls to the new wheel including the paddles. The difference between the two seems to be the R version has Red stitching and a red leather section at the 12 o'clock position. The non R has white stitching and a black leather section. there is a big price difference between the two.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
Diff bushing inserts.. So much NVH from the rear diff I had to remove them..

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Airaid CAI. It's a great looking piece but I'm not a fan of the sounds. I knew that when I bought it but I wanted to give it a try. It's in the classifieds needless to say. :doh:

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
So far just Lund Tune, Tint, and BMR Performance springs. I'll be honest I have reservations about the springs. So far I like them, but not enough driving on them to know for sure. Car looks awesome though. Just worried it turns it into a kidney buster.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I regret going with 25% tint. It's perfect in the day light but a shade too dark at night.

OP
OP
Steve44

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Airaid CAI. It's a great looking piece but I'm not a fan of the sounds. I knew that when I bought it but I wanted to give it a try. It's in the classifieds needless to say. :doh:
Just out of curiosity, which CAI are you going to replace it with? thx

dcasandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS Premium 2016
I regret going with 25% tint. It's perfect in the day light but a shade too dark at night.
I went with 15% I love the dark.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I regretted doing full tint on the headlights. I have since bought the tinted corners for the factory headlamps and I am much happier. The headlight performance just plain sucks with fully tinted headlights. All of the other mods I have loved.

My number one mod is still the MGW shifter though. If you have a manual and don't want to do anything to it I would still suggest the MGW shifter.
Sponsored