Split apart....SMH!
FB_IMG_1469307814234.jpg
Sponsored

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Well then I retract my previous statement...still a failure though and still something adding stress for me

bone56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The fastners are still there it just split! But yes failure none the less!

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
HOLY crap, we paid way too much for this part. Damn.

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
I'm just hoping for a recall and redesign. I'd gladly rip mine off and send it back to AM if MMD reengineers this without the gap. In the mean time I just bought bubble wrap and that gap is getting packed tight with it until further notice. I recommend people in my boat start doing the same...bubble wrap, newspaper, foam, whatevs it takes to block air from entering

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I'm just hoping for a recall and redesign. I'd gladly rip mine off and send it back to AM if MMD reengineers this without the gap. In the mean time I just bought bubble wrap and that gap is getting packed tight with it until further notice. I recommend people in my boat start doing the same...bubble wrap, newspaper, foam, whatevs it takes to block air from entering
I think I'm gonna zip tie it in 2 spots so it doesn't get pulled down, hopefully that should be ok.

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Only problem with zip ties is that this solution won't block air from entering. If any air meets any kind of gap, the parachute effect build up pressure on the plastic and could cause it to split. You would need enough zip ties to make it sit flush with the bumper

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I think the problem is the piece gets pulled down and thats why it rips, if it prevents it from pulling downwards then I'll think that might help.

Sponsored

bone56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah but for $199 you shouldnt have to modify it!

S550SVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang, 86 mercury capri,86 svo
I'm not sure zip ties are going to save you since some of the pics show the fasteners are holding but the defuser is tearing /splitting

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
I'm not sure zip ties are going to save you since some of the pics show the fasteners are holding but the defuser is tearing /splitting
I own the diffuser, it's being ripped because it's getting pulled down, just normal physics. I'm starting to get pretty angry about this, I hope MMD or AM says something about this.

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
[MENTION=14581]bone56[/MENTION]

Thats exactly what happened to my diffuser. Left and right seams completely sheared off while the center seam below the reverse light remained attached.

Hate to see it happen again, but frankly I'm relieved that mine wasn't a just a fluke. My guess is that MMD will need to either start back at square one or completely discontinue the diffuser all together. I have no idea how many units were sold and can't even begin to grasp the logistics of recalling/replacing/refunding the pieces either. I'm curious as to how many others (if any) outside of the forums and Facebook that have had this kind of failure.

Hoping to hear back from [MENTION=10447]AMAlexLazarus[/MENTION] when he's back in on Monday. Wish I could better give you an idea of how AM intends to handle it.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Agreed on the diffuser being a ticking time bomb, this isn't good...damn this really sucks! :doh::frusty::mad:
Sponsored

Last edited: