rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Yep. First time installed I used the included grey tape, which promptly melted on a pretty humid 85* day. Second time installing I used the black extreme 3M tape along with a more generous application of the adhesion promoter.
Ah...that is why I asked...with the weak-sauce grey tape, the entire diffuser probably would have come off. I believe the black stuff is rated at 5x @ 30lbs and aided in why the next weak portion of the diffuser sheared off.

I left the grey tape on...did apply liberal amounts of promoter and let it dry for 10 minutes before tacking the diffuser on. It was about 95 degrees that day & its holding strong. The grey showing is ugly as hell, I should've changed it out. :headbonk:
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Well now good thing I've put off installing mine. Could putting more tape along the all the contact edges help alleviate the structural integrity problem? As well as seal up areas where air can get in?

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Well now good thing I've put off installing mine. Could putting more tape along the all the contact edges help alleviate the structural integrity problem? As well as seal up areas where air can get in?
Unfortunately not the back portion of the diffuser, no way to attach it to anything as there isn't anything there.

rm2092

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Well I guess I'm glad I held off on buying that, I WISH I had the premium bumper but I'm getting use to the base bumper now.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Thanks man. I have faith in AM. It's hard to see in the photo but what was so bizarre is how unbelievably clean the break was, to the point that I had to look very very closely at the diffuser to tell which edge had separated from the top and which edge was finished. I've looked it over and over again to see where it could be improved from a mounting standpoint and can't really see any non-permanent option. I feel like it would benefit hugely from an upgrade in the plastic department. It's just way too brittle.
[MENTION=16880]JSWM3[/MENTION] - Sorry I'm just seeing this now but shoot me a holler with your order info please! Let's get this replaced!

Alex

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
@AMAlexLazarus

Do you have any info on these diffuser failures?
[MENTION=18539]SoCalTim[/MENTION] - This is a first and we've sold a slew of these - Not to mention a vehicle that we've had on site for a build (Andy's car that I posted on facebook) Red/Bags/V-Series Wing) was driven with this installed extensively.

It's a first but I'll be letting the team at MMD know about this!

Alex

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
I have no problem believing AM and MMD will work on finding a solution, but you gotta believe this should probably have some more attachment points, or a redesign that gets rid of the gap causing the parachute affect.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Throw it on but maybe keep an eye on it, I'm thinking of zip-tieing the backside thats so open maybe... not sure just yet.

Sponsored

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
[MENTION=16880]JSWM3[/MENTION] - Sorry I'm just seeing this now but shoot me a holler with your order info please! Let's get this replaced!

Alex
Thanks Alex, PM sent.

OP
OP

svtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Vert
Thats also what I was thinking of doing.I picked up tie wrap stick ons and tie wraps yesterday.:shrug:

bone56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yup forget that diffuser this was my buddys car last night!
FB_IMG_1469306784174.jpg

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
That looks like catastrophic fastener failure. So now we have one completely shatter and one become detached. I really want to hear about a remedy from MMD/AM on this. Starting to think mines a time bomb. I just hope I don't lose one day and get to work and its not there.
Sponsored