Sponsored

MMD rear diffuser

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
:hail: Much appreciated man! Just enough sunlight left to throw this thing on and then it's off to the gas station for some horrible low light pics.
Sponsored

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Went to the car wash to grab a few pics. It's dark out, the cars dark and the piece is black. Not ideal, I know. Better pics with my DSLR will come tomorrow though.

So far I'm very happy with fit, finish and the install. Not sure I would dig it as much on the brighter colored cars like oxford, race red or comp orange.
Also, being that my hardware wasn't included.. cough.. AM... cough.. I ended up picking up some black 5/16 hardware from Home Depot which is nicely hidden away under the valence tab. Probably worked out for the better to be honest. Anyway, on to the pics.
FullSizeRender 5.jpg
FullSizeRender 9.jpg
FullSizeRender 4.jpg
FullSizeRender 7.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

svtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Vert
Looks good did you drill the holes first-before you stuck it on or after?:confused:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
[MENTION=16880]JSWM3[/MENTION] Looks great man!

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Looks good did you drill the holes first-before you stuck it on or after?:confused:
Holes were marked, double checked for alignment and then drilled.

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Looks nice. I went to a body shop and got a quote of $525 with tax to paint the rear valence area and the diffuser. They need to take out the bumper to do the job. I was expecting more but it is still pretty pricey to get that permium bumper look.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Looks nice. I went to a body shop and got a quote of $525 with tax to paint the rear valence area and the diffuser. They need to take out the bumper to do the job. I was expecting more but it is still pretty pricey to get that permium bumper look.
I'm gonna wrap mine.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
$525 seems a little high, but FWIW, I had an S197 bumper re-painted because it started checking at about the 5 year mark. I'm guessing the factory screwed up the paint/flex agent ratio. Anyway, the shop knocked $75 off if I removed and brought them the bumper cover. They still reinstalled it even though that wasn't in the quote anymore. So I saved some money and didn't have any down time since I still drove the car without it. Probably a plus that they had no time pressure to make them rush any part of it.

OP
OP

svtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Vert
Hi just installed mine looks great! Just wondering after installing the new valance over the original there is a gap? This gap is the part without tape facing the front or closest to the ground of the car. Do you think the tape and plastic inserts will hold it without tearing off at higher speeds?

Sponsored

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Tried to grab a couple more pics with an actual camera today but the rain kind of cut me off. Still pretty dark as its hard getting a decent shot of magnetic without blowing the exposure.
IMG_2251_01.JPG
IMG_2253_01.JPG
IMG_2243_01.JPG
IMG_2248_01.JPG

JSWM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT PP
Hi just installed mine looks great! Just wondering after installing the new valance over the original there is a gap? This gap is the part without tape facing the front or closest to the ground of the car. Do you think the tape and plastic inserts will hold it without tearing off at higher speeds?
Can't comment on the plastic clips as I used stainless hardware but I haven't had any issues above 80mph at all. I don't exactly hang at autobahn speeds on my regular commute either though.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It staying put is also a concern of mine which is why I want to use nut and bolts instead of the clips. I'm also thinking of using more 3m tape just to secure it more.

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive