Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So I just got updated with the arrival date and I won't be able to receive my car prior to my 9 month deployment.

How cruel can life be?

-------------------------------------------------
2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 March (Bremerhaven, Germany), under MSRP
Sponsored

jerkstore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Really sucks. What date did they give you? My rep is estimating the 20th. I know it takes 3-4 weeks after it arrives for me to drive it... plus delays... If I am driving it by the end of April I am happy.

So I just got updated with the arrival date and I won't be able to receive my car prior to my 9 month deployment.

How cruel can life be?

2016 GT350 Magnetic w/Black Stripes / Black Roof /Tech Package, ETA 10 March (Bremerhaven, Germany), under MSRP

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Really sucks. What date did they give you? My rep is estimating the 20th. I know it takes 3-4 weeks after it arrives for me to drive it... plus delays... If I am driving it by the end of April I am happy.

The vessel has set sail from Baltimore on the 29th so looks like it was a few days late leaving, the vessel is called ‘torrens’.

MAS thinks we are looking at a delivery date at the port sometime between the 16th-18th March. Then a few days for German Customs and vehicle prep. It won't be ready before I leave.

wimend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG GT 350 Tech Package
So I went to talk to my MAS Rep about canceling my order and to see what if any penalties/charges would apply. They just happened to have one of the two that were in the last lottery. They let me turn it on, put it in sport exhaust and rev it a little. This car sounds SOOO good, I don't think I care about limp-mode anymore. There is not one video clip I have heard that do it justice. Might have to keep the order.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Where? Ramstien?

Sponsored

wimend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG GT 350 Tech Package
Where? Ramstien?

Yup. I couldn't imagine how it would sound under load. To me the sound was kinda AMG meets Ferrarri. Wasn't my car, so I only rev'd it to 2.5K, but that was more than enough. WOW!!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I did/still am. I have to make my decision by tomorrow. But, if for some weird reason I can't get the 3k deposit back, than there is no choice to make, I won't throw away 3k. I really don't even want to go in to talk the the MAS rep because if he tells me that the car is already on the boat coming over, I might be able to say no.

I wish I would have never found this forum, if I would have never heard of the limp mode issues, I'd still be blind with joyful anticipation.

Don't let the internet ruin the experience of this car for you. It's going to be a great car and as-mentioned - you'll likely not take a large depreciation hit in the first year, so you have options later on, too.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It may be worth some $$$ being in Germany

wimend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG GT 350 Tech Package
Don't let the internet ruin the experience of this car for you. It's going to be a great car and as-mentioned - you'll likely not take a large depreciation hit in the first year, so you have options later on, too.
You guys are right, after actually sitting in it and just experiencing a miniscule fraction of what this car has to offer, I don't think there is any way I can walk away from it.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You guys are right, after actually sitting in it and just experiencing a miniscule fraction of what this car has to offer, I don't think there is any way I can walk away from it.

Are you going to be around in Dec, that's when I'll be back driving mine around weather permitting.

Sponsored

jtn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
According to Deysha, my car has an ETA of 06 MAR. Can anyone give a run down of the delivery process with the stateside dealership?

Cheers,
Jason

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Go to your dealer and talk to whoever accepts vehicle deliveries. Tell them your info and have them call you when it arrives. You sign some paperwork, get the keys, and drive away.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Are you not getting your GT350? I just got a call from my salesman to see if I had any friends that wanted to get a Shebly still stilling in Baltimore.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Are you not getting your GT350? I just got a call from my salesman to see if I had any friends that wanted to get a Shebly still stilling in Baltimore.

Probably the one jerkstore originally ordered that was taking forever.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

I believe it's someone located in Germany.

Sponsored