Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I finished my install and I am just waiting to datalog etc, but I had a couple of questions and was wondering based on your installs did you find you were missing any parts etc?

Issue #1 No T3 turbine outlet gasket. Did you guys get one of these and if so was it in the turbo box, or packed with everything else? Was it needed? or did you just bolt it up as is? We actually made a gasket from one we had on hand just looked like it needed it, the DP inlet did not look like it would seal without one but without any direct written instructions from MAP, and it being the weekend with no support access, it leaves this as a question.

Issue #2 not enough vacuum line hose to plum WG, Compressor, and BOV.

Issue #3 after you installed your BOV in your hot side charge pipe, and found a vacuum source, what did you do with the harness that was originally plugged into your factory bypass valve? The turbo smart compact shorty BOV comes with a resistor you quick splice into that harness to tell the ecu the valve is still there...

Issue #4 did you guys find you had 4 extra clamps for the charge pipes? I had 4 extras and was not sure why, double clamping something? weird.

I have rechecked the all the hoses vacuum lines everything is very well tight, I even took the pain in the ass time to make sure all clamps were seated and reseated as well as not walking off the tubes etc.

Car is running well boost is good but I am finding I am getting a very small amount of flutter just about max boost from the BOV right before venting though at highway speeds, and it does not hold that max boost it just kind of flutters 20-23PSI and looses power, regardless of the RPMs, not sure if this is it a sign I got to turn the BOV another rotation or two. Unless this is normal. I am not having any boost drops on acceleration or anything at low speeds just highway. I had a Compact shorty BOV prior and it only vented did not make the noises this one with the 4 ports does.

I found the video to be very helpful in general. Oh one last thing, the exhaust. If you went with the full "resonated" or non exhaust, what do you think about it, and the cabin buzzyness? I like the sound from outside the car its very roided out M3 sounding to me; idle is very nice and general driving is good, Highway speeds it still has the tone and noise but its not super volume just present with that buzzy sound to me. I am on the fence with it. It sounds good cruising and rowing the gears, just the in cabin vibration seems excessive, I imagine the smaller mufflers are the blame here. The tone is very deep so I expected some sort of cabin sound. Its not really drone either that is on the highway it does not vibrate or make your ears ring, phone calls and music etc are still good.

Over all very well made kit, just the stuff above. Note item #3 was not an issue neither was the amount of vacuum line as I already had that from my last BOV but was more of a question what did you guys do.

Last edited:

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Ok so I finished my install and I am just waiting to datalog etc, but I had a couple of questions and was wondering based on your installs did you find you were missing any parts etc?

Issue #1 No T3 turbine outlet gasket. Did you guys get one of these and if so was it in the turbo box, or packed with everything else? Was it needed? or did you just bolt it up as is? We actually made a gasket from one we had on hand just looked like it needed it, the DP inlet did not look like it would seal without one but without any direct written instructions from MAP, and it being the weekend with no support access, it leaves this as a question.

Issue #3 after you installed your BOV in your hot side charge pipe, and found a vacuum source, what did you do with the harness that was originally plugged into your factory bypass valve? The turbo smart compact shorty BOV comes with a resistor you quick splice into that harness to tell the ecu the valve is still there...

Issue #4 did you guys find you had 4 extra clamps for the charge pipes? I had 4 extras and was not sure why, double clamping something? weird.

I have rechecked the all the hoses vacuum lines everything is very well tight, I even took the pain in the ass time to make sure all clamps were seated and reseated as well as not walking off the tubes etc.

Car is running well boost is good but I am finding I am getting a very small amount of flutter just about max boost from the BOV right before venting though at highway speeds, and it does not hold that max boost it just kind of flutters 20-23PSI and looses power, regardless of the RPMs, not sure if this is it a sign I got to turn the BOV another rotation or two. Unless this is normal. I am not having any boost drops on acceleration or anything at low speeds just highway. I had a Compact shorty BOV prior and it only vented did not make the noises this one with the 4 ports does.

I found the video to be very helpful in general. Oh one last thing, the exhaust. If you went with the full "resonated" or non exhaust, what do you think about it, and the cabin buzzyness? I like the sound from outside the car its very roided out M3 sounding to me; idle is very nice and general driving is good, Highway speeds it still has the tone and noise but its not super volume just present with that buzzy sound to me. I am on the fence with it. It sounds good cruising and rowing the gears, just the in cabin vibration seems excessive, I imagine the smaller mufflers are the blame here. The tone is very deep so I expected some sort of cabin sound. Its not really drone either that is on the highway it does not vibrate or make your ears ring, phone calls and music etc are still good.

Over all very well made kit, just the stuff above. Note item #3 was not an issue neither was the amount of vacuum line as I already had that from my last BOV but was more of a question what did you guys do.

Looks good. I will be looking into the 5558 kit. What tune file will you be using?

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Right now I am on their base tune till I square away the slight flutter and power drop then, who knows. Probably tune+ from there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Issue#1 No T3 turbine outlet gasket. Did you guys get one of these and if so was it in the turbo box, or packed with everything else? Was it needed? or did you just bolt it up as is? We actually made a gasket from one we had on hand just looked like it needed it, the DP inlet did not look like it would seal without one but without any direct written instructions from MAP, and it being the weekend with no support access, it leaves this as a question.
No T3 gasket, normal

Didn't have enough either, got more at O'Reillys

I simply tucked mine away, you'll notice you now get DTC P0035 , it is not an issue and can get tuned out.

I had extras only because I already had charge pipe kit... I did not double clamp, no boost leaks

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Looks good. I will be looking into the 5558 kit. What tune file will you be using?
I thought you bought the Vargas stage 2 turbo?

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Issue#1 No T3 turbine outlet gasket. Did you guys get one of these and if so was it in the turbo box, or packed with everything else? Was it needed? or did you just bolt it up as is? We actually made a gasket from one we had on hand just looked like it needed it, the DP inlet did not look like it would seal without one but without any direct written instructions from MAP, and it being the weekend with no support access, it leaves this as a question.
No T3 gasket, normal

Didn't have enough either, got more at O'Reillys

I simply tucked mine away, you'll notice you now get DTC P0035 , it is not an issue and can get tuned out.

I had extras only because I already had charge pipe kit... I did not double clamp, no boost leaks

Issue #3 was not an issue for me I had the resisters already spliced into the factory harness so I have no DTCs or anything just an inquiry. We made a gasket because there was no one to say we didn't need it =) it we were not sure with the surface if it was sufficient to support without one.

Only think I am chasing down now is not being able to WOT and get the boost to just hold, it is building boost fine, accelerating fine but not holding it like it should, just does a little flutter at max boost and dies. I think its the BOV being too soft for the amount of boost. It did not show up driving around town after the install but on the highway its prevalent. Tried dropping to 5th and even 4th boost kicks in hits about 17-20+ psi flutters then dies so I suspect the BOV is opening.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I thought you bought the Vargas stage 2 turbo?
I am looking at both kits. Missed the deadline on the intro price.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Oh okay the stage 2 is only 2k....the MAP kit is 3k and up I believe. Either way you will not be dissapointed!

5.0yote

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The stage two will keep you nearly stock looking

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Both kits will give me what I want. That is power all the way to red line. I am also still trying to hold out to see what LMS is going to release.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I would factor in the price of an intercooler as well. Don't keep the stock unit.
I upgraded that a long time ago

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything

Had a s customer lose his motor, and ask if he could cancel his order. We allowed him to no problem. There is one spot open currently

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Had a s customer lose his motor, and ask if he could cancel his order. We allowed him to no problem. There is one spot open currently
I just placed the order.

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks for the guide, so I can use this as a reference for installing my FR big turbo?