rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
Hey MAGS1, thanks for taking the time to explain and send those pics. I guess I thought it wouldn't be apparent how well the cone shape would seat, given how deep the lugs go inside the wheel. I've got the longer style on there now and they really don't stick out much once they're tightened down. And the holes are so narrow the socket can barely clear the opening, so it's hard to see how well their seated. Your pics definitely helped, thanks!

And to Farkel...I ended up cancelling the order I placed, and ordered the shorter ones you recommended. I just realized the first order is out of stock anyway, so this worked out better. Thanks again everyone, I appreciate all the help!
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
One more thing. You didn't ask, but just in case you're wondering, the torque value for the lug nuts is based on the size of the studs, not the wheels or nuts. You still want to torque them to the OEM spec, which is 150 lb/ft.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that reminder Farkel. I remember reading a thread here back when I bought my Mustang, where a few folks were of the mind that 90-100lbs. was sufficient. But I always defer to the manufacturer recommendation.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
To Farkel...I could've sworn I responded to the recommendation in your last post, but now I'm not seeing what I wrote. I remember writing it but maybe it just never posted. Anyway, I ended up canceling the Gorilla order I placed with CJPP, and instead ordered the shorter ones you recommended. The longer ones were out of stock anyway, so it worked out and the shorter ones have already shipped. Thanks again to everyone for your input and advice. This forum is a place I know I can visit whenever I need the Straight Scoop!:like:

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
To Farkel...I could've sworn I responded to the recommendation in your last post, but now I'm not seeing what I wrote. I remember writing it but maybe it just never posted. Anyway, I ended up canceling the Gorilla order I placed with CJPP, and instead ordered the shorter ones you recommended. The longer ones were out of stock anyway, so it worked out and the shorter ones have already shipped. Thanks again to everyone for your input and advice. This forum is a place I know I can visit whenever I need the Straight Scoop!:like:
No worries. I see your responses to me in posts #16 & 20.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Gorilla
IMG-1350.jpg

agmattocks

Unstabled Mate
Threads
Reaction score
First Name