sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Hey all,

I am just starting out looking into getting new wheels for my car. I really have only two requirements 1. They must be the same size that I have now. 2. The new wheels must be lighter weight than the stock OEM ones. I am having trouble confirming the things below. Are there any good brands that offer better wheels in this size?

I have Ford's Black and polished metal wheel - original to the car.
1704405346512.png

I think its 18x8, but it might be 18x8.5.
What is the offset on this - or how do I determine the offset?
What is the stock weight? (without the tire?)
Sponsored

David Vizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Vizard
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Mustang
Sirben,

You can see the Aodhan wheels on my youtube site on PowerTec 10 episodes 92,94, 98, 99, 103, 107, 109, 113, 116.

I suggest you start at this episode:-
then go to ,
Also there is a bit more data on:-

I used a 9.5 inch wide wheel and it was 6 lbs lighter than the stock 8 inch wheels. ALSO THEY WERE ONLY $234 EACH!!!!

By the way can I get some idea of whether or not I am going the right way with my Ecoboost features on this channel (PowerTec 10). I look forward to any comments that will help increase the info and video value too you guys.
Thanks
DV

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I don't know if I understand buying new wheels and not going wider, especially when coming from the base wheels. These heavy pigs want as much rubber as you can cram under them. If it's so you can reuse your tires, just wait til you need new tires and buy both.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
that appears to be an 18x8" wheel.

FWIW, if your goal is to stay lightweight, you can actually get a forged 18x12 with a great Yokohama A052 200TW tire and still be lighter than the factory 18x8 with the stock tire. I'm just making a point.

If your goal is to drop some weight and not have to buy tires at the same time, I'd just wait until you're ready to replace tires and then upgrade wheels later. I wouldn't recommend putting any money towards wheels less than like 9" wide. Its just a waste unless your a drag racer and are just talking about front wheels, then carry on.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Stock base wheels are 18x8 with a +40 offset I believe (mine are currently on the car so I can’t double check the offset at the moment). It’s stamped in the inside of one of the spokes

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree with others as well, the stock wheels and tires are too narrow for these cars. I only use mine for a winter set (narrower tires are better in snow). Personally, I’d go at least 9.5” wide and go with a 275 tire. 10”-11” wide are very popular and do really well (I run 10” wide in the summer).

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I agree with the above. These cars are criminally under tired from the factory even in PP form like mine. You can get lighter (and wider) options even in 18 inch diameter.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fitment industries allows you to pick a size and sort by weight

Aodhan and others make some cheap, very light wheels

Sponsored
OP
OP
sirben711

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
So my reasoning for staying with a similar size (I am willing to go a little wider if I have to) is I really like sliding around in my car. I like the knife edge feel. If I add wider tires, I fear I will have too much grip lol

Thank you for your responses and sorry for getting back so late. Its been a wild week.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
Skinny tire crew

Mustang-Crowd-Plow.gif

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
So my reasoning for staying with a similar size (I am willing to go a little wider if I have to) is I really like sliding around in my car. I like the knife edge feel. If I add wider tires, I fear I will have too much grip lol

Thank you for your responses and sorry for getting back so late. Its been a wild week.
I would just go with an all season tire. When I had 275/40r19 UHP all seasons, traction overall was still pretty good for driving twisty roads, but it was easy to break the rear tires loose with the throttle.
Sponsored