Looking for a GT350R in Ontario?

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Parkway Ford in Waterloo, ON has an allocation coming up in March. Speak with Terry the Sales Manager. No idea how much he wants for it..Mark
Sponsored

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
When I inquired about an R allocation there they at the time were looking to get around $110 000. :doh:

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Can you bring Canadian Rs into the US?
At our dollar so low call Campbell ford in Ottawa 613-725-3611 I think you can do that and I think they are getting a r that is not sold not 100% sure sometime in march april.

Sponsored

Teddy Dal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Explorer Sp, 2016 GT350R (DIB, black roof)
At our dollar so low call Campbell ford in Ottawa 613-725-3611 I think you can do that and I think they are getting a r that is not sold not 100% sure sometime in march april.
I see they still have the R car that they "sold" to me initially, then called me back and said it was going to the highest bidder after acceptance. I found this dealership and in particular the sales manager to be very dishonest. This was an above MSRP offer (a generous one). Funny thing is they called me back a couple of weeks after already accepting and reneging , to see if I would be interested in making another offer on the car. The salesman was surprised that it was equal to the previous offer they screwed me out of. It appears that the "two or three other bidders" they had on the car to be a complete ploy. Karma is a bitch, I got an R at MSRP out of province.

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
I see they still have the R car that they "sold" to me initially, then called me back and said it was going to the highest bidder after acceptance. I found this dealership and in particular the sales manager to be very dishonest. This was an above MSRP offer (a generous one). Funny thing is they called me back a couple of weeks after already accepting and reneging , to see if I would be interested in making another offer on the car. The salesman was surprised that it was equal to the previous offer they screwed me out of. It appears that the "two or three other bidders" they had on the car to be a complete ploy. Karma is a bitch, I got an R at MSRP out of province.
Wow I didn't know about this cause I wanted that R also but told me it was sold so I hopped out for the GT350 Teck pack and this is my second Mustang from them I am very surprised they would treat you like that Or anyboby so you did find a R.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Take some time and report them to OMVIC.

www.omvic.com

Don't let them get away with shady practices.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
This makes me want to visit my Canadian cousins...

I know it's pretty hard to buy a new car in the USA and import it to Canada. I have no idea about the reverse.

Sponsored

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I was told they can't be imported until 6 months old. ( from Canada to the US)
But if you found one, you could still drive it across the border and do the paper work in 6 months. So I think it can be done, just not easily.
No R left at my dealer but still has 5-6 350's coming. they sell at MSRP>

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
Dealers are prohibited from selling a new vehicle going to the USA...so even if you were to get a hold of one you will need to declare the vehicle at US Customs in order to obtain the proper forms and documents to register the vehicle in your home state (vehicles in Canada do not have a traditional "title" FYI). Even if you got this far you would still be charged a sales tax of 13% as you wouldn't be able to tell the dealer that you are registering it in XXXX state to avoid the taxes.

Let's say that you get around all of these issues...Ford has one other option to discourage you...they pull the factory warranty coverage...don't ask me how they can do it...they just do!

The only way that I can see it working is buying it or having someone else buy it on paper and storing it for six months. Even after all this I believe you need to switch out the cluster to a MPH primary one...

Not sure it would be worth it in the end...

aschaefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
This makes me want to visit my Canadian cousins...

I know it's pretty hard to buy a new car in the USA and import it to Canada. I have no idea about the reverse.
Ford has pretty strict rules regarding selling cars to people to be imported in the US - in short, they'll screw the dealer if they find out that, for instance, a Canadian dealer sold a car to an American for import. I looked into doing it with a GT and I couldn't find a dealer to sell to me. The process of importing the car, however, is pretty pain free because the cars are the same outside of the km/h to mph difference.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
The speedo, as kmph and MPH on the Canadian cars.
Just bigger numbers for the KMPH.
Sponsored