Longtubes and existing lund tune

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I really believe you will start seeing more states crack down on emissions and removal of cats. I believe I read that Colorado is becoming a state like California, very strict with aftermarket parts. The other thing is this, California gets a bad rap on emissions and smog. The Feds hold us “hostage”. They tell our local politicians to clean up the air or loose funding for roads and other repairs. Drive around LA and see the smog, you’ll understand...
Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I really believe you will start seeing more states crack down on emissions and removal of cats. I believe I read that Colorado is becoming a state like California, very strict with aftermarket parts. The other thing is this, California gets a bad rap on emissions and smog. The Feds hold us “hostage”. They tell our local politicians to clean up the air or loose funding for roads and other repairs. Drive around LA and see the smog, you’ll understand...
California is disliked for way more than emissions and smog :cwl::cwl:

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
California is disliked for way more than emissions and smog :cwl::cwl:
Im only talking smog. Yes California does some crazy shit and our politicians suck, but so do other places. Ive been around and Ill still take our beaches, mountains and 300+ days of sunshine. Personally, most laws don't really affect me anyway so I don't really care...I love living here and cant imagine being any place else. I grew up in the mid west, a total shit show there.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Will be installing longtubes soon. I have an existing lind tune from my bolt ons.

Will I need lund to retune and relog the car again. Or do I just tell them what I added and they send an update ?
Since you're already a Lund customer, I would reply to your tuning email chain and see if they can send you a revision with the cats shut off. Shouldn't be an issue.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Im only talking smog. Yes California does some crazy shit and our politicians suck, but so do other places. Ive been around and Ill still take our beaches, mountains and 300+ days of sunshine. Personally, most laws don't really affect me anyway so I don't really care...I love living here and cant imagine being any place else. I grew up in the mid west, a total shit show there.
ill take florida beaches any day of the week. Sand is much better and so is the water.

mountains, i would say a good tie. Both have great hiking spots. (Referring mostly to Alabama vs cali, not sure about some other spots. Im sure places like oregon have nice spots too.)

Weather, ill give you california on that definitely haha. especially being a motorcycle rider, can literally ride year around no issue

Ive enjoyed my time in california, but there are definitely some things i dislike. Dont think i would pay to live here long term though. guess we will see. Im getting stationed somewhere else soon so i still have time to see what place i want to settle down before i get out.

Sponsored

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ok. Yes, there are keywords that trigger a system. But not someone constantly monitoring. Thats all i was getting at. The parameters depend on the keywords that are used.

I assumed you knew what offroad meant (and you do) and yes, when i mentioned the offroad part, i was referring to people that actually use them offroad. ie not on the street. So we have no disagreement there and even said it was dumb to broadcast you are street driving a vehicle like that on say..facebook. i put quotes around snitches, its not my word, sorry my failed attempt to go back at what term you used correlated to me saying snitches.

Yes, there are things that are watched, and yes, dont be stupid posting things on the internet. Some things are monitored more closely than others. Cat deletes generally arent high on the list.
I wasn't talking about cats being removed I was talking about things that people do in general that raises red flags. AKA putting you in spot light of EPA by broadcasting it to the world. Tuners don't want to be in crosshairs of EPA they want to fly under radar.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The EPA hit Harley Davidson first. Then they fined some tuning companies. I know of none that will turn off the rear O2 sensors. Unless it is a real race car and it gets trailered to them.

I'm not a fan of Lund but if he really does "remove the cats" in his tunes you just outed him on the net.

I'm sure he will be happy about that.

Socal Stangman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The EPA hit Harley Davidson first. Then they fined some tuning companies. I know of none that will turn off the rear O2 sensors. Unless it is a real race car and it gets trailered to them.

I'm not a fan of Lund but if he really does "remove the cats" in his tunes you just outed him on the net.

I'm sure he will be happy about that.
I don’t think Lund will do anything that affects emissions.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a fan of Lund but if he really does "remove the cats" in his tunes you just outed him on the net
They DO NOT disable the rear o2's. Period. End of story. Don't believe me? Do a readiness test on them.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
For some reason I cannot quote people, but if you scroll up you will see that Anderw@lethal said Lund will disable the cats.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
here

Untitled.png

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Maybe Lund will get a 2 million dollar fine or more, like HD.

Thank you Andrew.... says Lund

Coming from a vendor it has merit.

Last edited:

Jmesl8er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 1992 Twin Turbo 300ZX
Gov does thats who and putting off road only doesn't cover their rear either. Gov doesn't need street or location they have other means for find you. Everything digital has footprint and can be followed back to you. We have in my town shop was deleting diesel engine emissions. 1st time it was listed on their website got in trouble. Removed that from website and got caught again 2nd time because of Forums, Facebook and Twitter. Wonder if they will try for 3rd time they have been good for year now. Most are caught not because someone snitches on them they do it to themselves
download.jpeg
Sponsored