Sponsored

Long tubes with O/R lead guys.. please chime in

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Installed my catless long tubes along with my MBRP race... well ummmmmm lol. I don't mind how loud it is but now there is a hollow, rasp, tingy noise it makes. Sounds like garbage under the car, not so much from the mufflers. There is no leaks that I can tell. Will a set of resonators or x type muffler up front kill this sound. Its so "airy" sounding and makes the car sound cheap. There are no tick noises and no known leaks.
Ive debated tossing on the stock cat back this weekend and seeing what happens but then I have to drive with those ugly ass stock tips lol.

Thoughts / suggestions??
Sponsored

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Performance Package
I just put on Stainless Power catless longtubes with the extended 3" lead pipes (cut off the factory connection on the catback for a straight 3") connected to my MBRP race catback.. I have the exact same sound. It almost has a honda fart can sound to it at certain RPMs. Is that what you mean? Granted, I only have about 100 miles on the headers to maybe there's a break in period?

OP
OP

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just put on Stainless Power catless longtubes with the extended 3" lead pipes (cut off the factory connection on the catback for a straight 3") connected to my MBRP race catback.. I have the exact same sound. It almost has a honda fart can sound to it at certain RPMs. Is that what you mean? Granted, I only have about 100 miles on the headers to maybe there's a break in period?
Yup.. that's it. Hollow, whspy, rasp etc... hard to explain. But glad I'm not alone lol

OP
OP

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its a raspy flutter sound. Just ehhhh lol

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i'm not a fan of the sound lol. I'm hoping the headers just kinda have a break in period like catbacks do.. but i'm doubting thats the case since there's no resonators or mufflers. Guess we will find out as time goes. I wouldn't mind considering a Corsa Extreme if it doesn't get better.

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
The only breaking in a header has is if it actually "breaks" lol

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
mufflers will change a tad, but make sure nothing is touching anywhere either underneath, check the a/c bolt as well and look for anything makin contact

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
mufflers will change a tad, but make sure nothing is touching anywhere either underneath, check the a/c bolt as well and look for anything makin contact
I pulled the ac bolt out for him when I installed his headers. That thing would almost for sure hit with the Pypes. I removed mine also when I did mine. His sound is all in his head and he needs to just live with it.... Lol

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Never had off road headers before and I also was surprised at the rasp of the engine while standing on the side.

You learn to like it. :D

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Love or hate it, it's there to stay. I've had my catless headers on for 5k and it's been there the whole time. A resonater vs an x pipe will fix some of it though.

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
The best cure for rasp is a set of inline mufflers. I would buy the Pypes m80 3" ID muffler

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
I had to add a set of resonators to my long tube/off road setup. Helped tame it down and much more enjoyable.

OP
OP

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to add a set of resonators to my long tube/off road setup. Helped tame it down and much more enjoyable.
What did you use? Any pics?

OP
OP

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Its all clear... no leaks.. its just the sound and I'm anal. Ill learn to live with it lol
Sponsored