** long read; think Ford has an oil issue which they don't want to admit

OP
OP

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
You can ask them to do the TSB but technically if your car is not smoking they don't have to do it; for $20 you can do it yourself. The IM is $60 and you have to remove it to do the PCV so for $80 you will have the up to date PCV and IM.
Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
You can ask them to do the TSB but technically if your car is not smoking they don't have to do it; for $20 you can do it yourself. The IM is $60 and you have to remove it to do the PCV so for $80 you will have the up to date PCV and IM.
That's what I did. Called dealership and told them I'm coming in for a TSB and have a copy of the TSB on hand. They did my squealing brakes when I showed them the TSB even though they couldn't replicate the issue, goodwill I guess.

The dealerships get paid out regardless since there is a TSB, so they really have no reason not to do it. Sad part is I just put in some fresh motul 5W40, TSB says to change oil to Ford 5W30. Ugh, gonna have to change it back to Motul after.

If they don't do it. I will just source the parts and do it myself.

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
If we truly know what the issue is, it could be an opportunity for companies to make a very robust solution to the problem no? I know if Ford doesn't make it, people here would buy it.

OP
OP

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
If we truly know what the issue is, it could be an opportunity for companies to make a very robust solution to the problem no? I know if Ford doesn't make it, people here would buy it.
UPR has been working this issue for the EB line and have excellent products to help with it; I contacted Steve/UPR to comment in here as Joe has made this his baby. waiting for them to chime in!

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPR has been working this issue for the EB line and have excellent products to help with it; I contacted Steve/UPR to comment in here as Joe has made this his baby. waiting for them to chime in!
I for one will buy the solution 100% if someone comes up with a fix. I just don't my damn car to blow up.

There is a huge demand for a solution, someone cash in and take my damn money!! ** Just make sure it works, or I will rain hell down upon them lol**

Sponsored

OP
OP

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
I for one will buy the solution 100% if someone comes up with a fix. I just don't my damn car to blow up.

There is a huge demand for a solution, someone cash in and take my damn money!! ** Just make sure it works, or I will rain hell down upon them lol**
Solution? Buy a GT! (looking for somewhere to hide, lol):ninja:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Well it seems like the tsb for the PCV is the answer, no?

psylocibin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
All about emissions; cheaper for Ford and others to pipe the vapors back into the engine to be burned again for a cleaner exit.
Wouldn't the use of a catch can reduce emissions though, considering they're not being burned at all? If this were about emissions, it seems like they'd all be using them to aide in hitting federal regulation. Being cheaper would make sense for Ford or something, but cost is a much lower factor in super and hyper cars like GT-Rs, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bugattis, though none of them use these in their designs. If they're charging 1/4 millions for a car, I wouldn't think an added $20 part would matter for better longevity of their engines.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Solution? Buy a GT! (looking for somewhere to hide, lol):ninja:
Seriously taking a hard look at trading the car in for a Golf R. Even at the loss, I just dont want things to blow up. People give VW shit for reliability issues, but their engines don't blow, just other stuff breaks haha.

OP
OP

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Wouldn't the use of a catch can reduce emissions though, considering they're not being burned at all? If this were about emissions, it seems like they'd all be using them to aide in hitting federal regulation. Being cheaper would make sense for Ford or something, but cost is a much lower factor in super and hyper cars like GT-Rs, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bugattis, though none of them use these in their designs. If they're charging 1/4 millions for a car, I wouldn't think an added $20 part would matter for better longevity of their engines.
Good point but think about all the cost cutting that car manufactures do; they use elements instead of screw on oil filters, took metal out of windshield wipers, removed gas caps, etc...they are looking for the cheapest way possible to engineer and create cars that get you in the door and buy them...all they want is for it to make it 3 years/36K and then it's on your dime.

How many people own these cars vs how many are on forums and know about issues? How many people modify their cars? I bet Ford is willing to take the 1-2 repairs over the 3-4k that they will never have to repair for those that keep the car stock and never have issues :shrug:

Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
if you buy a Ferrari, you probably don't want to have to drain your catch can. haha. maybe

OP
OP

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Seriously taking a hard look at trading the car in for a Golf R. Even at the loss, I just dont want things to blow up. People give VW shit for reliability issues, but their engines don't blow, just other stuff breaks haha.
Just don't get an emissions test and you are good to go, lol!:D

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost